Summer time is almost here (okay, let’s all agree that it is here), so what better time to head inside and play some board games? Some of you might not be as board game focused as I am, as I’ll never turn down an opportunity to play some board games, but the summer is still a great time to get your game on, even if it is after a day out in the sun! What else are you going to do at the cabin (cottage for those east of Alberta), trailer, or even in your own home in the evening?
What’s that? You don’t have many games to play? Well, you’ve stumbled upon the perfect contest then, haven’t you? Best Buy’s Plug-in Blog is giving away oodles of top quality board games! Now, I’m not just saying they’re great games and then actually giving away board games based off of 1990s TV shows—no, these are legitimately awesome games.
Here are some examples of the great games you could be playing this summer
- Sushi Go Party is the big brother to the awesome small box game of Sushi Go (which I talked about in this article that I wrote recently on the blog, here).
- Fog of Love is in the top 1000 games of all time on boardgamegeek.com.
- Machi Koro is a great “gateway” game that’s easy to teach and fun to play (which I talked about here).
- Imhotep is a clever strategy game (I talk about its variability in setup here).
- Legends of Andor is an awesome adventure game (which I talk about here).
- Bob Ross: The Art of Chill is a great and accessible game about painting with Bob Ross (and will be featured in my next video review, coming soon to the Best Buy Blog).
- Codenames is one of the top 10 games to come out in the last 10 years (which I talk about in my article about “How to host the perfect game night“).
- Dropmix is a super addictive music making game, as you will learn if you watch this video review that I recently did on the Best Buy blog:
And then we throw in a couple of Monopoly games for the traditionalists (Han Solo Monopoly, and Game of Thrones Monopoly), an adults-only Trivial Pursuit game, and some party games (Speak Out and Fake News)! What more do you want? Oh, you want the rules on how to win? Right.
HOW TO ENTER
Entering to win one of these board games is simple, but you can only enter once. Leave a comment at the bottom of this article with the name of a game that you would love to try this summer and why.
WHAT CAN YOU WIN
At the end of the contest, we’ll choose 5 winners from all eligible entries. Each winner will win one of 5 board game prize packages (complete prize package descriptions are shown in the rules and regulations).
This contest runs from June 1st until June 18th.
Remember, you can only enter once. However, you can share this as many times, and with as many people, as you like. Challenge your friends to share too. Make a game of sharing this post, and you never know, someone in your social circle might win and invite you over for a fun summer game night.
Win a Board Game Prize Package Contest Rules and Regulations
|We frequently have many contests running at Best Buy so check out the “contests in progress” page for more great contests to enter.|
This contest is now closed. We will draw the winners soon in accordance with the rules. Return to the blog often to read great articles, learn about the latest technology, and to enter more contests. You never know when we’ll be doing another amazing giveaway!
We like the adventure games – so Legends of Andor it is!
Imhotep, because I like strategy games
Legend of Andor! I have played most of the rest, and enjoy in-depth board games that involve strategy.
I would love to play Imhotep, it must be so fun! 🙂
The Art of Chill
I’d love to try codenames as I’m an avid collector of fun and unique games.
Heard fun things about Codenames – would love to play that one! I love guessing things!
Love to try Sushi Go Party because I have the smaller deck of Sushi Go and love it! So cute and easy to pick up to play.
I’d love to try Imhotep!
The Bob Ross game sounds funny!
I would also like to try “Machi Koro”
I’d love to try Codenames! It looks like a great, fun time.
I’d love to try CODE NAMES.
Machi Koro! I have young kids!
I’d love to try code names with my kids. They’d get a kick out of that for sure
fake news looks fun
bob ross because he is a great artist and I love his art.
I want to try Fake News
I want to play Bob Ross: The Art of Chill
codenames or the bob ross game
Bob Ross the art of chill because we could all have a little less stress in our lives.
Sushi Go Party looks and sounds like a fun game to play with my family.
Code name, my family loves playing word games!
The Boss Ross Game !!
I think that the great grandkids would think that I]m amazing if I wanted Code Names,
Comments are closed.