Do gamers have an advantage using an OLED display
Let’s cut to the chase: will you win more games using an OLED display? After all, gaming is more fun when you’re pushing the limits of your skill … and winning! Gamers look for every advantage, no matter what game is played. OLED screens do offer a few advantages that can provide that competitive edge. Here are three advantages:
- Better contrast: OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology allows for deeper blacks and brighter whites, resulting in a higher contrast ratio. This can enhance the visual experience of games that rely on darker environments, such as horror or stealth games.
- Faster response time: OLED monitors have faster response times than LED monitors, which means that they can display fast-paced action scenes without any motion blur or ghosting.
More vivid colours: OLED technology can produce a wider range of colours than LED, resulting in more vibrant and accurate colour reproduction. This can make games look more realistic and immersive.
You know with an OLED screen the picture will have amazing true blacks, and vivid colours. The G8 also has a curved screen for a much more immersive experience that is perfect for gaming. When you feel more involved in the story and the action you can’t help but perform better. Read more about this monitor in Jason Gorber’s detailed review on the Best Buy blog.
Add a Samsung Odyssey monitor for the ultimate gaming rig
What is your ultimate gaming setup? This spring is a great time to upgrade because the newest gaming computers and laptops are getting released with the newest Intel and AMD processors, and the newest graphics cards. Also, this spring we’ll see many new monitors arrive, including the Samsung Odyssey OLED G8 monitor we are giving away in this contest. Lastly, many of the new computer, monitors, and gaming peripheral accessories like mice and keyboards are on sale during Best Buy’s spring PC gaming event.
Imagine if you win the monitor we are giving away in this contest. You might decide to match this monitor upgrade with other upgrades to really boost your gaming performance and enjoyment. Best Buy even has a value priced bundle that includes the Samsung G8 monitor and 1TB internal M.2 solid state drive to store your downloaded games. What kind of upgrade would you want this spring? Consider that question as you enter this contest.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which of the features of the monitor we are giving away in this contest are you are looking forward to trying and what game(s) would you play first.
- For up to two (2) additional entries, create a public post on a social media channel (one entry per channel!) sharing with your friends and followers that you are entering a Best Buy Blog contest for a chance to win an OLED gaming monitor; include the hashtag #BestBuySamsungOLEDcontest, so we can find your post, and include the picture at the top of this article. Then return here and tell us in a comment below on which channel you posted it and the name of your channel (since many people use pseudonyms) so that we can check and verify your entry. You can use any social media channel (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.), but the post must be public so we can verify it is there.
- BONUS ENTRY: If you happen to visit a Best Buy store, take a picture with your smartphone of any section of the store that clearly shows any Samsung products (monitors, televisions, etc). Then in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Samsung gaming monitor contest” tell us the location of the store (city, street) and attach the picture.
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly select one eligible entry to receive the Samsung 34″ Odyssey G8 OLED gaming monitor that Jason reviewed on the blog.
This contest runs from March 10th to March 23rd.
Remember you can enter in three different ways as discussed above. Tell your friends. Tell your family. Also, if you do visit a store, tell everyone in the store to take a photo of a Samsung product and send it to the blog: they’ll likely be surprised and happy to find out!
Win a Samsung G8 OLED gaming monitor Rules and Regulations