Gaming on Samsung Odyssey monitors has always been amazing but it’s even better with the new G8 OLED monitor. We have reviewed a range of Odyssey series gaming monitors on the blog, from the Odyssey G3 24″ to the amazing 55″ Odyssey Ark. These are all excellent gaming monitors. Whatever your needs, how much space you have for a monitor, or what features are important for you, you will find the right monitor for you in this series. This year we get the exciting introduction of OLED screens from Samsung. I’ll explain how this will affect gaming, and viewing in general, and then you can enter for a chance to win one!
Do gamers have an advantage using an OLED display
Let’s cut to the chase: will you win more games using an OLED display? After all, gaming is more fun when you’re pushing the limits of your skill … and winning! Gamers look for every advantage, no matter what game is played. OLED screens do offer a few advantages that can provide that competitive edge. Here are three advantages:
- Better contrast: OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology allows for deeper blacks and brighter whites, resulting in a higher contrast ratio. This can enhance the visual experience of games that rely on darker environments, such as horror or stealth games.
- Faster response time: OLED monitors have faster response times than LED monitors, which means that they can display fast-paced action scenes without any motion blur or ghosting.
- More vivid colours: OLED technology can produce a wider range of colours than LED, resulting in more vibrant and accurate colour reproduction. This can make games look more realistic and immersive.
You know with an OLED screen the picture will have amazing true blacks, and vivid colours. The G8 also has a curved screen for a much more immersive experience that is perfect for gaming. When you feel more involved in the story and the action you can’t help but perform better. Read more about this monitor in Jason Gorber’s detailed review on the Best Buy blog.
Add a Samsung Odyssey monitor for the ultimate gaming rig
What is your ultimate gaming setup? This spring is a great time to upgrade because the newest gaming computers and laptops are getting released with the newest Intel and AMD processors, and the newest graphics cards. Also, this spring we’ll see many new monitors arrive, including the Samsung Odyssey OLED G8 monitor we are giving away in this contest. Lastly, many of the new computer, monitors, and gaming peripheral accessories like mice and keyboards are on sale during Best Buy’s spring PC gaming event.
Imagine if you win the monitor we are giving away in this contest. You might decide to match this monitor upgrade with other upgrades to really boost your gaming performance and enjoyment. Best Buy even has a value priced bundle that includes the Samsung G8 monitor and 1TB internal M.2 solid state drive to store your downloaded games. What kind of upgrade would you want this spring? Consider that question as you enter this contest.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which of the features of the monitor we are giving away in this contest are you are looking forward to trying and what game(s) would you play first.
- For up to two (2) additional entries, create a public post on a social media channel (one entry per channel!) sharing with your friends and followers that you are entering a Best Buy Blog contest for a chance to win an OLED gaming monitor; include the hashtag #BestBuySamsungOLEDcontest, so we can find your post, and include the picture at the top of this article. Then return here and tell us in a comment below on which channel you posted it and the name of your channel (since many people use pseudonyms) so that we can check and verify your entry. You can use any social media channel (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.), but the post must be public so we can verify it is there.
- BONUS ENTRY: If you happen to visit a Best Buy store, take a picture with your smartphone of any section of the store that clearly shows any Samsung products (monitors, televisions, etc). Then in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Samsung gaming monitor contest” tell us the location of the store (city, street) and attach the picture.
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly select one eligible entry to receive the Samsung 34″ Odyssey G8 OLED gaming monitor that Jason reviewed on the blog.
This contest runs from March 10th to March 23rd.
Remember you can enter in three different ways as discussed above. Tell your friends. Tell your family. Also, if you do visit a store, tell everyone in the store to take a photo of a Samsung product and send it to the blog: they’ll likely be surprised and happy to find out!
Win a Samsung G8 OLED gaming monitor Rules and Regulations
I like the faster response time of the curved monitor – smoother visuals and immersion!
The first game I’d play on this would be Cyberpunk 2077
I am excited about the fast response time; I would play Call of Duty
Excited to see the resolution and fast response
The faster response time and I would play Solitaire with my grandson!
Definitely the fast response time and I would play Call of Duty.
i would play Call of Duty . i would like the Faster response time!
I would play iRacing, which is a motorsports simulation game. This type of monitor would increase peripherals that most people get with triple screens, something that is very costly as you need quite the powerhouse PC to run triples, so having one that will do the job on my PC would be wonders!
Faster response time to play God of War Ragnarök
I like the OLED panel with 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio on this Samsung Odyssey G8. The color production should really pop on such a panel.
Great performance. and an outstanding picture colours
I’m most excited about the curved OLED display. This would be such a step up from what I’m currently using.
I would play mindcraft
Shared on: Facebook
I like that it has a large solid state drive for storage and I would play Call of Duty
Shared on: Facebook Catherine Lee
Faster response time and would love to play call of duty.
I am most excited about the curved LED display and faster response times of this monitor, and I would play Solitaire.
I am most excited about the curved LED display and faster response times of this monitor, and if given a chance to play a game, I would definitely choose Mario Kart.
Shared on Twitter: @bella5864
Shared on Facebook: Bella Chen
The curved screen with the Hogwarts Legacy game
The more vivid colours to help with the selection of tiles when I’m playing Solitaire.
I’m looking forward to trying the curved screen feature so I can really feel in the game! I would play God of War first.
the curve and the vibrant colors also the refresh rate. im so excited the future brings better and better and bestbuy keeps up with it
posted on facebook:shiwei lin
posted on twitter:@shiwei93038663
I like the 175 Hz refresh rate and would like to play cyberpunk 2077 first
The 34-inch curved LCD display, featuring Ultra WQHD 3440 x 1440 native resolution, play the game Mario Kart
The more vivid colours and the curved screen have my attention and like to play Solitaire
I like the 175 Hz refresh rate and would like to play Mario Kart.
THe refresh rate is great, my grandkids would love this. Which game? Not sure.
I like the 175 Hz refresh rate
I like the 175 Hz refresh rate and would play Stardew with my daughter
I like the 175 Hz refresh rate and would definitely play Call of Duty
The 175 Hz refresh rate playing COD.
Shared on facebook: Yanhua Tian
The 34-inch curved LCD display, featuring Ultra WQHD 3440 x 1440 native resolution, offers stunning image quality that would be ideal for playing Forza Horizon 5.
I like the 175 Hz refresh rate and would like to play Solitaire
The more vivid colours and the curved screen have my attention. Would love to try it/own it! Assassin’s Creed.
The refresh rate is better at 175 mhz, also the sublime oled color so it gonna be awesome for the dark environment like warhammer 40k Darktide who is packed with chaos abomination or even Resident Evil 4
OLED response times in Forza Horizons 5
Vivid colours: OLED technology can produce a wider range of colours than LED
posted on facebook:jiajie dong
I am really excited about many features such as the vivid OLED colors and curved screen. I would play forza first and then try warzone out on this beast
posted on twitter:@jiajiedong2
I like the 175 Hz refresh rate and would like to play elden ring first
I like the 175 Hz refresh rate and would like to try Call of Duty
Comments are closed.