Gaming on Samsung Odyssey monitors has always been amazing but it’s even better with the new G8 OLED monitor. We have reviewed a range of Odyssey series gaming monitors on the blog, from the Odyssey G3 24″ to the amazing 55″ Odyssey Ark. These are all excellent gaming monitors. Whatever your needs, how much space you have for a monitor, or what features are important for you, you will find the right monitor for you in this series. This year we get the exciting introduction of OLED screens from Samsung. I’ll explain how this will affect gaming, and viewing in general, and then you can enter for a chance to win one!
Do gamers have an advantage using an OLED display
Let’s cut to the chase: will you win more games using an OLED display? After all, gaming is more fun when you’re pushing the limits of your skill … and winning! Gamers look for every advantage, no matter what game is played. OLED screens do offer a few advantages that can provide that competitive edge. Here are three advantages:
- Better contrast: OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology allows for deeper blacks and brighter whites, resulting in a higher contrast ratio. This can enhance the visual experience of games that rely on darker environments, such as horror or stealth games.
- Faster response time: OLED monitors have faster response times than LED monitors, which means that they can display fast-paced action scenes without any motion blur or ghosting.
- More vivid colours: OLED technology can produce a wider range of colours than LED, resulting in more vibrant and accurate colour reproduction. This can make games look more realistic and immersive.
You know with an OLED screen the picture will have amazing true blacks, and vivid colours. The G8 also has a curved screen for a much more immersive experience that is perfect for gaming. When you feel more involved in the story and the action you can’t help but perform better. Read more about this monitor in Jason Gorber’s detailed review on the Best Buy blog.
Add a Samsung Odyssey monitor for the ultimate gaming rig
What is your ultimate gaming setup? This spring is a great time to upgrade because the newest gaming computers and laptops are getting released with the newest Intel and AMD processors, and the newest graphics cards. Also, this spring we’ll see many new monitors arrive, including the Samsung Odyssey OLED G8 monitor we are giving away in this contest. Lastly, many of the new computer, monitors, and gaming peripheral accessories like mice and keyboards are on sale during Best Buy’s spring PC gaming event.
Imagine if you win the monitor we are giving away in this contest. You might decide to match this monitor upgrade with other upgrades to really boost your gaming performance and enjoyment. Best Buy even has a value priced bundle that includes the Samsung G8 monitor and 1TB internal M.2 solid state drive to store your downloaded games. What kind of upgrade would you want this spring? Consider that question as you enter this contest.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which of the features of the monitor we are giving away in this contest are you are looking forward to trying and what game(s) would you play first.
- For up to two (2) additional entries, create a public post on a social media channel (one entry per channel!) sharing with your friends and followers that you are entering a Best Buy Blog contest for a chance to win an OLED gaming monitor; include the hashtag #BestBuySamsungOLEDcontest, so we can find your post, and include the picture at the top of this article. Then return here and tell us in a comment below on which channel you posted it and the name of your channel (since many people use pseudonyms) so that we can check and verify your entry. You can use any social media channel (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.), but the post must be public so we can verify it is there.
- BONUS ENTRY: If you happen to visit a Best Buy store, take a picture with your smartphone of any section of the store that clearly shows any Samsung products (monitors, televisions, etc). Then in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Samsung gaming monitor contest” tell us the location of the store (city, street) and attach the picture.
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly select one eligible entry to receive the Samsung 34″ Odyssey G8 OLED gaming monitor that Jason reviewed on the blog.
This contest runs from March 10th to March 23rd.
Remember you can enter in three different ways as discussed above. Tell your friends. Tell your family. Also, if you do visit a store, tell everyone in the store to take a photo of a Samsung product and send it to the blog: they’ll likely be surprised and happy to find out!
Win a Samsung G8 OLED gaming monitor Rules and Regulations
Entered on Facebook! Thanks for the chance!
Faster time and vivid colours would be fantastic for playing Mario ! My all time favourite, love ‘em all from old school Super Mario to Mario cart and more
entered on FB Anne-Marie Fields
Faster response time and Call of Duty
175 Hz refresh rate! I would play Assassin’s Creed.
The vivid colours would make No Man’s Sky look amazing!
I would play Mario Kart. I like the better contrast and the usb-c.
Faster response time, i would play hogwarts legacy.
high refresh rate. god of war.
Faster response time and curved screen for a more immersive experience and I’d play Elden Ring
Response time and vivid colours. Great prize!
I like the fast response time, I would play DOOM Eternal
More vivid colours to play Red Dead Redemption!
Posted on twitter as @jamgrl88
The faster response times and more vivid colour appeals to me. Game – Stardew Valley.
@hyperkid1312 on instagram
@hyper1312 on twitter
more vivid colours would be great for candy crush
love the colors!
The fast response time would go great with cyberpunk 2077
Better Contrast and faster response times would be great
The vivid colours and I would play red dead redemption 2
I look forward to the curved display. I would use it to play Minecraft
The size and Faster response time. I would play Call of Duty first.
OLED contrast rates for Hogwarts Legacy
Fast response time: Call of Duty
high refresh rate for call of duty
I most look forward to is the curved LED Display, faster response times
The fast response times and great contrast
Fast response time: God of War
OLED; this would be my first oled device; i would play so many games from my xbox game pass ultimate subscription
love teh fast response times and would play Call of Duty
The high refresh rate so I can play Forza!
The faster response time I love and I would play Diablo 4
The fast response times and great contrast and colour.
The features I’d most look forward to are that it has a curved LED Display, faster response times, and I’d pick Mario Kart to play.
I like the idea of a high refresh rate monitor, with vibrant colors, and professional grade screen.
I would play Resident evil Remake 2 and Resident Evil Remake 4 if I had this monitor.
I like the size and shape and I would play Genshin Impact
The features I would look forward to are faster response times and the wide screen, curved OLED display.
Hogwarts Legacy for sure!
There are alot of features I am excited about trying, such as the curved screen and fast response times! I would try forza first and hogwarts legacy!
I would love to see the contrast and vivid colours for the System Shock remake.
OLED for great contrast to play Hogwarts legacy!
The features of the monitor being given away in the contest, such as its high refresh rate, low response time, and HDR support, make it an excellent choice for gamers who want a smooth and immersive gaming experience. The high refresh rate and low response time would make fast-paced games like first-person shooters and racing games feel much more responsive, while HDR support would enhance the colors and contrast of games with stunning graphics. Overall, it seems like a great monitor for serious gamers who want to take their gaming experience to the next level.
The features I would look forward to are faster response times and the curved LCD display.
the sheer size and the usb-c connectivity make this so alluring.
Excited about the near instance response rate. It would be great for fps games that are competitive.
Posted on twitter @musingsr4me
Excited about the more vivid colours and I would finally buy and play hogwarts legacy.