Could Asus have created the ultimate combination gaming and productivity laptop in the Asus ROG Flow Z13? Think about all of the things you want your next new laptop to do and this laptop is likely more than capable. I’ll discuss some of the features that stand out to me, and some of the things that I would expect a new laptop, especially a gaming laptop, to be able to do. Then I’ll give you a chance to offer your thoughts for a chance to win the Asus ROG Flow.
What is the best feature of the Asus ROG Flow laptop
I see a lot of laptops as Editor of the Best Buy blog but this one is uniquely impressive. I’ll go through a few features that stood out for me but you should also read the reviews we posted on the blog: both our English reviewer Marcus and our French reviewer François were impressed with the design and the performance of this laptop. Here are some of the things that impressed me most.
Design: I’m starting with design because I know that if I had this laptop when I was in school, everyone who saw me working would stop and ask me about it. The way the airflow vents are integrated into the design, the innovative RGB lit window showing the motherboard at the back of the machine, combined with programmable, responsive RGB lighting on the keyboard show an attention to detail that you won’t find in 99% of laptops on the market (I mean all types!). Then there is the fact that the keyboard detaches creating a touchscreen tablet for ultimate portability.
Performance: Gaming laptops are typically equipped with a powerful Intel processor and the ROG Flow is no exception. I’m amazed at how much tech they packed into this 13.4″ laptop. The processor is the newest 12th Generation i9, with a total of 14 cores; it’s considered to be one of the fastest mobile CPUs available today. You get an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Ti graphics card too. For the past year (and longer) the demand for 30 series RTX cards has been a phenomenon (the article we did about those cards is still one of the most read each month). Gamers know the value of a blistering fast processor, great graphics card, combined with lots of storage and memory. This very thin machine is able to drive the highest level of games you can provide.
What are you looking for in a new laptop
I know what I want in a laptop … do you? My laptop needs are likely different than most students. First of all, I am not a gamer. Would I still want this laptop? Yes and I’ll give you three reasons why.
- It will allow me to work quickly! I use a laptop mostly for the work I do for Best Buy. Besides writing and editing text, relatively easy tasks for any computer, I also edit images and videos a lot! These tasks can make most computers struggle. Not the Asus ROG Flow. Its Intel i9 processor and 16GB of DDR5 RAM would be great for processing large 4k video files!
- It will allow me to multitask seamlessly. The multicore design of this 12th generation processor enables HyperThreading of up to 20 supported threads so I can be editing videos, playing music, participating in a video meeting, and surfing the internet. As I said earlier, I am not gaming on my dream machine, but if you are, it will do all of the things I just said and keep you in the game at that same time!
- It will keep me connected. That may seem like a no-brainer but hear me out. This laptop has many of the top technologies for connecting to the internet, to devices, and to my team. First there’s integrated Wi-Fi6E for a dedicated connection whenever this newest bandwidth is available (and in my home it will be available so nothing interrupts my internet signal). It has the latest Bluetooth 5.2 so my earbuds and gaming mouse have the best connection too. Front and back facing webcams are an amazing feature for flexibility when using it in tablet mode and for meetings at home or on the road.
There you have it, my three reasons for loving this laptop. Now it’s your turn. Are you looking to buy a new laptop? Best Buy has hundreds of laptops to choose from. And since Asus was generous to send us the Asus ROG Flow to give away, I’m going make visiting the selection of Asus computers one of the criteria necessary to enter for a chance to win this contest. Here are all of the details:
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us two things you really like about the Asus ROG Flow laptop we are giving away in this contest.
- Visit the selection of Asus laptops at Best Buy to find one that you think would be perfect for you or someone in your family, then in an email with subject line “Asus laptop contest” to email@example.com tell us the name and model number of that laptop, and why you selected that laptop.
- For up to two (2) additional entries, create a public post on a social media channel (one entry per channel!) sharing with your friends and followers one great feature that makes you want to win this Asus laptop; include the hashtag #BbyAsusContest, so we can find your post, and include one of the pictures showing on this article. Then return here and tell us in a comment below on which channel you posted it and the name of your channel (since many people use pseudonyms) so that we can check and verify your entry. You can use any two social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.), but the post must be public so we can verify it is there.
What you can win
At the end of this contest we will randomly select one eligible entry to win the ASUS ROG Flow 13.4″ Touchscreen Gaming Laptop that was reviewed on the blog.
This contest runs from Aug 3rd to Aug 24th.
Remember you can enter in a few different ways as mentioned above. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to win one of the best laptops of the season. And tell your friends and family about this contest. Everyone you know will want a chance to win this laptop before the school season begins.