Camera technology keeps improving every year. It wasn’t too long ago when buying a camera meant learning about what types of film to use for different situations – do I use ISO 100 or 400 on a sunny day – worrying about development costs and not knowing how your pictures turned out for days or weeks after you took them. Of course the excitement of the moment had often long passed when you could finally show those masterpieces to your family and friends.
Well we’ve come a long way since then. Nikon cameras feature the most advanced camera technology available. All of their cameras simplify the process of taking great pictures, and showing them off. Watch this video to learn about three of the new Nikon cameras
Some cameras are really well suited for travel, others for social sharing and still others for great family photos and life events. We created this really fun infographic showing the types of situations where you might want to use each type of camera. Hopefully it helps you decide for yourself which camera is right for you.
Best Buy would like to give you a chance to win one of the cameras featured in the video and infographic, the Nikon D3200 (shown at the beginning of this article). That camera takes clear, high resolution images (24.2 MP) and full HD video (1080p). Take a step toward capturing amazing digital images just by entering this contest.
HOW TO ENTER:
It is easy to enter. Best Buy has posted the infographic shown above on their Twitter account @BBYCanada. Simply retweet that post including the hashtag #Nikon4U for your chance to win. Be sure to follow @BBYCanada since we will contact the winner via a direct message on Twitter.
You may only enter once. You can, however, increases the chances that someone close to you wins this Nikon D3200 by telling your family and friends to enter too.
The contest runs from Wednesday June 18th until Friday June 20th 2014.
Good Luck to everyone!
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
Nikon 4 U Twitter Contest
June 18-20 2014
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made online, on Twitter.com to @BBYCanada by retweeting the Nikon4U infographic and including the hashtag #Nikon4U to enter for the chance to win. The contest starts on Wednesday, June 18 at 9am to Friday, June 20 at 9pm (PST) (the “Contest Period”). It is required that contestants follow @BBYCanada so we can communicate with them if they are a selected winner.
- Only one Tweet per person. Participants making multiple entries will only have their first entry considered. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy (“Best Buy”), and their parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is one (1) grand prize available to be won consisting of: one (1) Nikon D3200 24.2MP DSLR Camera with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Lens Kit. The total retail value of the prize is approximately $469.99 CAD.
- Grand prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The contest will take place between Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 9am to Friday, June 20, 2014 at 9pm (PST). The selected entrant will be randomly drawn from eligible entries at approximately 10 a.m. on Monday, June 23, 2014 at the Best Buy’s head office, at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC. The winner will be tagged in a comment on the post notifying them to email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim their prize. Entrants must follow @BBYCanada, The officials may ReTweet various entries at any time without awarding prizes to those contestants.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the judging panel’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the winners will be contacted through their Twitter account within twenty four (24) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a prize, the applicable winners must:
- Respond to the prize notification within two (2) days of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and their respective parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents(collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning room for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 12, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and the officials will select another winning contestant.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND Best Buy RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy is an operating division of Best Buy Canada Ltd. BESTBUY.ca is a web site owned and operated by Best Buy.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Rules and the non-English language Rules, the English Rules shall prevail.