I have not been to a music festival in many years, but the memories of hanging out for a couple days at the UBC Thunderbird Stadium years ago are as vivid as if it just happened just yesterday. The crowds were insane; the food lines were long and hot but the food was worth the wait; and most importantly, the music was phenomenal.
Over the summer there are music festivals all across Canada. The Osheaga festival is one of the best 3 day music festivals in the country. And this year’s event will be bigger than ever to celebrate their 10th anniversary. It will feature some of the best rock and alternative musicians in the world. For example here are 3 of the acts appearing on the first day of the festival (image from Osheaga.com).
I wish I was able to make it to Montreal for this event. If I lived in Quebec I would definitely be there on day one for Florence and day 3 for Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Check out all of the acts on the Osheaga website; which ones are your favourites?
Anyone living in Quebec who is able to make their way to Montreal won’t want to miss Osheaga on the July 31st weekend. If you’ve been to a big festival like this before then you know how great it will be.
I think it’s so cool that Best Buy will be giving away passes through this contest. Not just passes: one winner will receive gold passes. That includes general admission to all 3 days of the event, Osheaga Terrasse access for a better view of the main stages, separate food and beverage stands and even private washrooms (that’s right, shorter lineups!). You will not only get to enjoy this awesome music festival, you’ll enjoy it in style
Here is how to enter:
First you must follow Best Buy Quebec on either Twitter or on Facebook. This will enable us to contact you if your entry is chosen to win. The second step is to take a selfie that includes the Best Buy logo at one of the participating Quebec Best Buy stores. Either tweet that selfie including the hashtags #turnsummeron and #Osheaga or post the selfie in a Facebook comment about the contest including the hashtag #osheaga.
List of eligible stores for the selfie: Marche Central, La Salle, Laval, Brossard, Pointe Clair, St Bruno, Rosemere, Taschereau, Anjou, Centreville, St Jerome, Lachenaie, Maschouche, Vaudreuil, St Jean-sur-Richelieu, Place Vertu, Galeries d’Anjou, Place Versailles, Montreal Eaton Centre, Faireview Pointe Claire, Carrefour Laval.
What you can win:
There will be 2 prizes drawn from all eligible entries, one person will win a pair of general admission passes and one person will win a pair of gold passes to Osheaga 2015.
The contest runs from July 23rd until July 27th.
I appreciate getting comments on the blog, but they will not qualify you for this contest. You must enter by posting your selfies on Twitter or on Facebook as mentioned above.
Contest Rules for the Turn Summer On Osheaga
Facebook / Twitter Contest
July 23rd – July 27th , 2015
How to Enter the Contest:
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made online on Facebook and Twitter at 9:00 a.m. (PDT) on July 23st, 2015 until 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on Monday, July 27th, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). To enter the Contest, entrants must:
a) follow Best Buy Quebec (Twitter or Facebook);
b) include tweet with #turnsummeron #Osheaga or Facebook post (#osheaga); and
c) take a selfie with the Best Buy logo at a participating store (Marche Central, La Salle, Laval, Brossard, Pointe Clair, St Bruno, Rosemere, Taschereau, Anjou, Centreville, St Jerome, Lachenaie, Maschouche, Vaudreuil, St Jean-sur-Richelieu, Place Vertu, Galeries d’Anjou, Place Versailles, Montreal Eaton Centre, Faireview Pointe Claire, Carrefour Laval). Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”) has sole discretion to determine whether an entrant has correctly checked-in. In-correct entries may be rejected. Participants must have a valid Facebook or Twitter account for communication purposes with Best Buy.
- One entry is permitted per participant during the Contest Period. Participants making more than one entry will be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent and contestants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Quebec. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Rules”).
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy, and its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, its advertising and promotion agencies, or its other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There are two (2) prizes (the “Prize”) available to be won:
One prize will be for (2) Gold Pass tickets and the other prize will be for (2) General Admission pass to Osheaga (Total Value: $1,650).
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible into cash.
- Prize are to be administered by Best Buy. All of the above Prize details are subject to change without notice at the Best Buy’s sole discretion.
- All other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Two (2) entrants will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries at approximately 9:00 a.m (PDT) on July 28th, 2015, at Best Buy’s head office, 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
- Best Buy may Tweet on Twitter or Share on Facebook various entries at any time without awarding Prizes to those entrants.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the Contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the Contest judges’ discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the Prize winner will be contacted directly via Facebook or Twitter within twenty-four (24) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive the Prize, the Prize winner must:
- respond to the Prize notification within one (1) day of the announcement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact information;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest Rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy, and its parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents; and
- consents to the announcement of the Prize winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the Prize winner.
- Should the Prize winner fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 14 within 24 hours of receiving the declaration, his/her Prize will be automatically forfeited and the Contest officials will select another entrant.
- The chances of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, entrants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (together, the “Released Parties”) will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a Prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest Prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by the Released Parties, or anyone for whom the Released Parties are responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy and Samsung may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any damage to or loss of the Prize that may occur as a result of or in the course of delivery of the Prize, (ii) delivery of the Prize within a reasonable or specified time, or (iii) any costs associated with the installation or assembly of a Prize, if applicable. If you are a selected entrant, you are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes related to the receipt of the Prize.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest Rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at its option, to publish the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement