I am not much of a photographer. I mostly take photos of my kids. I did this a lot more when they were really young, but even now that they are teenagers, the camera is still mostly for them. Well perhaps that isn’t entirely accurate. It’s for me to capture them, and preserve the moment.
One of the most fun aspects of photography is comparing photos from the past with photos from the present. Let’s face it, each of us expand, contract, get taller, build muscle, maybe even get a tattoo. Our hair may be long one year, short the next, perhaps even change colour. Me, I’d rather not be reminded of my changes; I’d prefer to focus on the changes happening in my two teenagers. I know I’m not alone. My son graduated from high school this year and in his yearbook, there was a section for baby photos of the grads. Before and after photos are hilarious sometimes!
There are tons of before and after themed pictures on the internet covering many themes including fitness (weight loss), pets with owners, and even furniture. In fact, there is even a trend involving staged before and after pics. These involve creating the same setting and background as was in an old photo, have the same person wear similar clothes too, as in most of these photos. I’m sure you’ll agree they are awesome.
Take a before and after photo of your own. It’s an easy way to create a unique photo memory that everyone will enjoy over and over again. You may also win a new camera! After all, one of the worst reasons for having to take a before and after shot is because the before shot was not good enough to show-off! That won’t be a problem for you if you win this contest. The prize is the amazing Canon Rebel T5i DSLR camera. Capture amazing detail with this 18MP digital camera, complete with an 18-55mm lens for incredible flexibility. Once you have this camera you may find that you are doing a lot more before and after photography to cover your walls with your creative, original family photos!
HOW TO ENTER:
It is easy to enter. All eligible contest entries must be posted on Facebook: you will need to like either Best Buy Canada’s Facebook page or Best Buy Quebec’s Facebook page. Recreate an old photo as closely as you can. Comment on the Best Buy Canada or Best Buy Quebec’s Facebook contest post: include both the original and the new version of the photo either in separate comments or, if you create a single image with the two photos side-by-side, in a single Facebook comment. An entry will be deemed eligible as long as there is one before and one after photo posted by the same person.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
One winner will be randomly chosen from all eligible entries. The winner will receive a new Canon Rebel t5i camera, as shown above.
You may only enter once. You can, however, tell your family and friends: not only will that increase the chances that someone close to you wins this fantastic camera, but you may also get to see some great, perhaps really funny, before and after photos of people you know.
The contest runs from Tuesday July 15th until Monday July 21st.
Good Luck to everyone!
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
Canon Facebook Contest
July 15, 2014 – July 21, 2014
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made online on Facebook between 9 a.m. on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. on Monday, July 21, 2014 (PDT) (the “Contest Period”) by responding on the Facebook contest post for a single entry with an original photo that recreates, in subject matter and theme, an older original photo. Entrants may either share both photographs separately or create a single image that shows the photos side-by-side. It is required that contestants like Best Buy Canada or Best Buy Quebec Facebook page so we can communicate with the selected winner.
- Only one entry per person. Participants making multiple entries will only have their first entry considered. Entries that are fraudulent and contestants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and their parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is one (1) prize package available to be won of a Canon EOS Rebel T5i 18MP DSLR Camera. The total retail value of all the prizes is approximately $699.00 CAD.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The selected entrant will be randomly drawn from eligible entries approximately 10 a.m. on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at the Best Buy’s head office, at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the judging panel’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the winners will be contacted through their Facebook account within twenty four (24) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a prize, the applicable winners must:
- Respond to the prize notification within two (2) days of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and their respective parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning photo for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 12, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and the officials will select another winning contestant.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement