Defender Wi-Fi security cameras are not only great for a wide range of home and business needs: they are also dependable and reliable. Having tested a wide range of smart cameras from many different manufacturers, including Defender, I can attest to the value and usefulness of their cameras. I have also tested this particular camera and there are many things that I love about it that I’ll get into below. If you are looking for a security camera, learn about Defender, then enter below for a chance to win a new Defender Guard Pro 2K Wi-Fi camera for your home or business.
What should you look for in a security camera
There are a lot of manufacturers of security cameras and I’ve installed some really good ones and some that were not very good. Most home and business owners are not looking for “maximum security prison” level of security for their home; they want cameras that are easy to install, use, and maintain and that will do what they promise: detect movement, record that movement, and enable us to use that recording in the future.
Some of the main considerations affecting a smart camera purchase will be:
- internet connection: there are systems that don’t require the internet (using onsite monitors and storage), but if you want event notifications, and be able to view live and recorded events on your phone, you’ll need either wired ethernet to your camera system, or a camera system that supports Wi-Fi connections. The camera we are giving away in this contest can be do both, though most people will connect it to Wi-Fi for convenience.
- Power options: Some camera systems get their power from their connection to a DVR (like this Defender system does); some camera use a battery (requiring regular battery recharging). The camera we are giving away is the type that plugs right into an outlet.
- Cost: there is no limit to how much people can spend on a camera system, but there are also reasonably priced systems like those from Defender that will suit the needs of most people. The prize we have for this contests doesn’t even require any additional fees for video storage. Most Wi-Fi cameras these days charge you a monthly fee to store video in the cloud. The Defender Guard Pro camera stores the video footage on the camera itself: no fees required.
Why should you consider a Defender security camera
Defender cameras offer a lot of value. I believe that anyone, regardless of technical skill can set up a Defender camera and use it effectively. The instructions that come with it are very clear, and the company’s website has lots of useful videos—you could just follow a video and set it up in minutes! The image quality you’ll see on your phone or tablet will be as clear or more clear than most other cameras on the market. Read my review of the new Defender Guard Pro 2K Wi-Fi camera to find out why I really like their newest product.
I have 3 different Defender systems connected to my phone and on all of them the video is clear, easy to magnify an area of interest, and quick to load. Each of their apps are simple to navigate, very responsive (no waiting for 10 to 30 seconds for a video to start like you’ll find with many other companies), and offer a wide range of sensitivity settings to suit most people. And importantly, these cameras are very reasonably priced so you will want to add multiple cameras to the one app and have your home covered front, back, and sides. You’ll often find them on sale for great savings at Best Buy too.
Defender Guard pro 2K Wi-Fi cameras may be exactly what you are looking for
The prize we are giving away in this contest is likely going to be perfect for your needs. I have areas of my property where a wireless, battery powered camera is necessary. However, both driveway entrances have buildings with electrical power and outlets, so I prefer a camera like the Guard Pro so I don’t have to charge a battery. I have some cameras that are wired directly into my electrical panel which is great. But the Guard Pro has an advantage over those that I can move it from one location to another: something I can’t do as easily with my other wired cameras. I also pay cloud storage fees for some of my cameras (and have no other choice with those options). The Guard Pro is like some of my other cameras that have on camera storage: this option works great. Lastly, the 2K resolution means you can zoom in on someone in the video and still see clear details to aid identification.
If you have plans this summer that will require you to be away from your home, then a security camera may be just what you need so you can keep an eye on your property while travelling. Also, I know many people will have a wedding to attend which can require gift or other package deliveries to your home. A camera like the one we are giving away is a great way to keep entrances monitored: you can even talk to the delivery person through the camera, giving instructions about where to place the package!
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in two different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which feature that I discussed above about Defender cameras do you find the most appealing for your needs and why.
- First visit the product page for the camera we are giving away in this contest, go to the “Details and Specs” section to find the “Max No of Supported Cameras” (that number is missing in the image shown here). Send that number in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, “Defender Guard Pro contest.”
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly select one winner to receive a new Defender Guard Pro 2K Wi-Fi security camera.
This contest runs from April 14th to April 28th.
Remember, you can enter this contest twice, once in a comment and once in an email. However, tell your family and friends to learn about Defender cameras and enter this contest … especially if they are travelling or expecting lots of deliveries.