I like to get cleaning done quickly and efficiently: that’s why I bought a Dyson for my home. The Dyson vacuum has a well-deserved reputation for being the best. I tried many different brands over the years, so when I say the reputation is well-deserved, I am speaking from experience. My Dyson maneuvers around my home better, its attachments are efficiently designed for quick and easy access, and of course it picks up dirt from floors, carpets, blinds or whatever, better than anything I’ve tried.
The vacuums that I had before my Dyson seemed fine at first, but I quickly found them to be inadequate, and often annoyingly so. Some of them had little tiny wheels that made it difficult to get around furniture—I often had to drag it from side to side to get it when I wanted it to go. I switched to bagless vacuums long ago, and loved not having to replace the bags every few weeks. But I found the containers often leaked dust, and the machines quickly lost suction once the container began to fill. My biggest complaint though was with the attachments. Unwieldy is an understatement. In fact, my Dyson showed me how attachments should be designed: switching to clean carpets, floors, stairs, furniture, or even blinds takes literally a few seconds. That’s why cleaning is now a lot faster!
Best Buy will help one lucky person find this out for themselves. Enter this contest and you might win the Dyson DC77 Animal vacuum. Before you enter you just need to decide which of these features will make the biggest difference in your home:
Here is more detailed description of these features if you’d like to learn more.
Do you want a new Dyson in your home? Enter this contest for your opportunity to win.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be made on Best Buy Canada or Best Buy Quebec’s Facebook page. First you must like the Facebook page, then answering a multiple choice question—there are no wrong answers! Just decide which of the features shown on that Facebook post makes the Dyson DC77 right for your home, and enter that feature in a Facebook comment.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
At the end of the contest we will randomly select one entry, from all of the eligible entries, to win a new Dyson Cinetic DC77 Animal Vacuum.
The contest will run from Friday May 15th until Monday May 18th.
Remember you can only enter by commenting on Best Buy Canada’s Facebook page. Comments posted here on the blog are always welcome, but they do not count as contest entries.
Good luck to everyone!
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
Dyson Cinetic (DC77) Contest
May 15 to May 18, 2015
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made between 12:00 noon PST on Friday, May 15 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, May 18 (the “Contest Period”) in the following method:
- Online: Like the Best Buy Canada or Best Buy Quebec Facebook page and the Dyson Cinetic Contest post. Answer the multiple choice question.
- Only one entry per person. Participants making multiple entries may be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence before the end of the Contest Period. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is one (1) prize available to be won: Dyson Upright Vacuum (DC77AN). The total retail value of the prizes is approximately $799.99.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Prize to be administered by Best Buy. All of the above Prize details are subject to change without notice at the Best Buy’s sole discretion.
- All other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prize are subject to the following restrictions:
- Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash;
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold; and
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prize with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event the prize are not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The contest will take place from May 15 at 12:00 noon PST until May 18 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries. Draw will be made on May 19 at 10:00 a.m. PST at Best Buy’s office located at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3.
- Following the draw, the selected entrant will be contacted at the Facebook account used in their Contest entry.
- In order to receive a prize, the selected entrants must:
- Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within forty-eight (48) hours of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and its parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents(collectively, the “Released Parties”) and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning room for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
- Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the bestbuycanada.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.