Summer is about to wrap up and it’s not entirely a bad thing. If there’s one good thing about Fall, its that our television shows are back. Circle October 12th in your calendars or “add event” in your phone; season 5 is almost here. But, that’s not why you’re reading this post, you want to win something and that something is:
Now, how do you enter the contest? It’s simple. Tell us your favourite season and why. Make sure you get your answer in by August 24th, 11:59PM.
Now, if you don’t win, it’s alright. The Season 4 Limited Edition box set will be available on the 26th, so you don’t need to wait much longer.
Check out the rest of The Walking Dead collection here.
Good luck and whatever you do, don’t look behind you.
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s Plug-in Contest
August 22 – 24, 2014
How to Enter the Plug-in Contest (the “Contest”)
1) No purchase necessary.
2) Entries may be made between 12:00 p.m. PDT on August 22, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. PDT on August 24, 2014 (the “Contest Period”) by logging in to the Plug-in Community and making a comment on the post. To qualify for selection, the requirements noted above must be filled out in its entirety.
3) Only one entry per person. Participants making multiple entries will be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid. All entries become the property of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”) and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Who Can Enter
4) The Contest is open only to residents of Canada (except Quebec) of who have reached the age of majority in the province of residence by the end of the contest period.
5) The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy, ( collectively the “Contest Organizers”) their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
6) There is one (1) prize to be won: one (1) Limited Edition Blu-Ray set of Walking Dead S4 and one (1) Collection of Walking Dead Seasons 1, 2, and 3 on Blu-ray. The total value of the Prize is approximately $160.
7) The Prizes are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-convertible to cash. Best Buy reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a Prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
Awarding the Contest Prizes
8) The selected entrants will be randomly drawn on Friday, August 25 at 1pm PDT, 2014 at the Best Buy’s head office, at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
9) Following the selection, all selected entrants will be contacted by telephone or by email at the telephone number and email address stipulated in the entrant’s Contest entry.
10) In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must:
a) Respond to the prize notification within two (2) days of transmission;
b) Correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
c) sign a declaration stating that he/she:
i) has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
ii) releases and discharges the Contest Organisers and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates; and
iii) consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of the Contest Organisers of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, write-ups, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
11) Should a selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 10, the applicable Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
12) The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
13) By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy may disclose to others. Participants acknowledge that Best Buy will have access to the winner’s personal information for the purposes of fulfilling the prizes.
14) Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
15) Contest Organizers and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
– any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
– any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
– any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
– any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
– any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the bestbuycanada.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by the Contest Organizers or anyone for whom the Contest Organizers are responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
16) If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
17) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18) Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
19) Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
20) Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
21) Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
22) The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
23) Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.