Gaming on Samsung Odyssey monitors has always been amazing but it’s even better with the new G8 OLED monitor. We have reviewed a range of Odyssey series gaming monitors on the blog, from the Odyssey G3 24″ to the amazing 55″ Odyssey Ark. These are all excellent gaming monitors. Whatever your needs, how much space you have for a monitor, or what features are important for you, you will find the right monitor for you in this series. This year we get the exciting introduction of OLED screens from Samsung. I’ll explain how this will affect gaming, and viewing in general, and then you can enter for a chance to win one!
Do gamers have an advantage using an OLED display
Let’s cut to the chase: will you win more games using an OLED display? After all, gaming is more fun when you’re pushing the limits of your skill … and winning! Gamers look for every advantage, no matter what game is played. OLED screens do offer a few advantages that can provide that competitive edge. Here are three advantages:
- Better contrast: OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology allows for deeper blacks and brighter whites, resulting in a higher contrast ratio. This can enhance the visual experience of games that rely on darker environments, such as horror or stealth games.
- Faster response time: OLED monitors have faster response times than LED monitors, which means that they can display fast-paced action scenes without any motion blur or ghosting.
- More vivid colours: OLED technology can produce a wider range of colours than LED, resulting in more vibrant and accurate colour reproduction. This can make games look more realistic and immersive.
You know with an OLED screen the picture will have amazing true blacks, and vivid colours. The G8 also has a curved screen for a much more immersive experience that is perfect for gaming. When you feel more involved in the story and the action you can’t help but perform better. Read more about this monitor in Jason Gorber’s detailed review on the Best Buy blog.
Add a Samsung Odyssey monitor for the ultimate gaming rig
What is your ultimate gaming setup? This spring is a great time to upgrade because the newest gaming computers and laptops are getting released with the newest Intel and AMD processors, and the newest graphics cards. Also, this spring we’ll see many new monitors arrive, including the Samsung Odyssey OLED G8 monitor we are giving away in this contest. Lastly, many of the new computer, monitors, and gaming peripheral accessories like mice and keyboards are on sale during Best Buy’s spring PC gaming event.
Imagine if you win the monitor we are giving away in this contest. You might decide to match this monitor upgrade with other upgrades to really boost your gaming performance and enjoyment. Best Buy even has a value priced bundle that includes the Samsung G8 monitor and 1TB internal M.2 solid state drive to store your downloaded games. What kind of upgrade would you want this spring? Consider that question as you enter this contest.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which of the features of the monitor we are giving away in this contest are you are looking forward to trying and what game(s) would you play first.
- For up to two (2) additional entries, create a public post on a social media channel (one entry per channel!) sharing with your friends and followers that you are entering a Best Buy Blog contest for a chance to win an OLED gaming monitor; include the hashtag #BestBuySamsungOLEDcontest, so we can find your post, and include the picture at the top of this article. Then return here and tell us in a comment below on which channel you posted it and the name of your channel (since many people use pseudonyms) so that we can check and verify your entry. You can use any social media channel (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.), but the post must be public so we can verify it is there.
- BONUS ENTRY: If you happen to visit a Best Buy store, take a picture with your smartphone of any section of the store that clearly shows any Samsung products (monitors, televisions, etc). Then in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Samsung gaming monitor contest” tell us the location of the store (city, street) and attach the picture.
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly select one eligible entry to receive the Samsung 34″ Odyssey G8 OLED gaming monitor that Jason reviewed on the blog.
This contest runs from March 10th to March 23rd.
Remember you can enter in three different ways as discussed above. Tell your friends. Tell your family. Also, if you do visit a store, tell everyone in the store to take a photo of a Samsung product and send it to the blog: they’ll likely be surprised and happy to find out!
Win a Samsung G8 OLED gaming monitor Rules and Regulations
I would play Mario Kart with my daughter
I like the OLED panel and 34″ ultrawide screen design of the Samsung Odyssey G8 34″ OLED gaming monitor.
I am really excited to try out the vivid OLED colour and curved screen! Usb C connectivity is an exciting feature also! I would try forza first and then dive into hogwarts legacy
The faster response times would be really great and I would play Call of Duty.
Looking forward to the vivid OLED colour. I will be playing the latest Forza
I love the Faster response time: God of War
The faster response time/
Excited for more vivid colors and I would be playing The Witcher 3 on it
The refresh rating
Would love to see the vivid OLED colours and I would be playing CIV VI!!
Better contrast and vivid colours
Better contrast and vivid colours are not only good for gaming for for designing, too ! I’d play Atomic Heart
Looking forward to the fast response time and the vivid colours! The first game I would try on this would be that Harry Potter one that my friends have been talking about all the time!
The main feature I would be interested in is the OLED screen. I’ve had smaller ones on my cellphone and I love the colour and contrast that only an OLED display can provide. I can only imagine what a large format screen could potentially provide. I wonder what movies and video games would look like on something like this!
OLED, would give a better looking picture in Cyberpunk
I am planning on trying out the high refresh rate for when I play Rocket League!
Posted on twitter @SThompson788
I’m looking forward to the faster response time and would play any of the Forza
Looking forward to seeing OLED technology in action, with the better contrast, more vivid colours and faster response time. The first game I would play would be any game my nephew would teach me, since when I win, I’ll give the monitor to him.
I would like the feaster response time as my older monitor is quite slow. My family would enjoy playing Pokemon Let’s Go and the Farming Simulator.
The larger screen would be a big improvement for me and I faster refresh rate! The first game I’d test it out on is Apex Legends
The Large Screen would Be Awesome. Thank You Best Buy.
The large screen would be awesome
Shared on Twitter @Squirmer03
Shared on Instagram @squirmer03
I’m looking forward to the Faster Response Time to play Call of Duty.
Large screen and OLED and type c connectivity
The features I’m looking forward to are the DisplayHDR True Black and USB-C connectivity. I’d play Hogwart’s Legacy first.
Ole age of empires on a curved screen 😉
The fast refresh rates and Oled contrast would be amazing for the remastered Dead Space!
OLED for contrast to play Hogwarts legacy
I am looking forward to staring at the screen for content consumption. If it’s anything like the OLED tv displays at Bestbuy it’s jaw dropping and the 175hz refresh rate for that extra motion clarity.
The most colorful game out, Overwatch 2, will put the samsung Vivid colors to the test
Large curved screen with amazing colour…would be awesome for Nhl22
Faster Response timing and Vivid Colors will fit perfectly to my favourite videogame; Overwatch 2. I play it every night, Its the most colorful game out!
Posted on FB Louise McCulloch Smith
I tweeted @bases03 https://twitter.com/bases03/status/1637146035100454912?t=KkEtWWdC4DLAYhIWpgGZkg&s=19
The large screen and vivid colors would be awesome while playing Forza.
I am looking forward to trying the Neo Quantum processor and DisplayHDR 400 features. I will play Returnal first!
i would play mario kart
the curved screen
I’m looking forward to the USB-C connectivity and the AMD FreeSync Premium Pro features. I would play Grand Theft Auto V first.
I love the better contrast – I find WOW kinda dark so not always easy to follow along
The curved screen would be great!
The massive screen while playing Call of Duty would rock!!
I’m most excited about the fast response time and I will be playing Hogwarts Legacy.
I’m definitely most interested in the colour display. I’m a visual artist so any screen with a great picture is just a pleasure to watch.
Comments are closed.