Star wars is part of our culture, part of our lives. It makes sense then that a day has been set aside for us to celebrate all things “Star Wars.” May the 4th, for obvious reason, is that day. This year’s celebration should be bigger than ever now that the cast of the new film coming next year has just been announced.
Best Buy wants to help you celebrate. We have prepared a really fun, May the 4th contest. You can win some fantastic Star Wars prizes including the LEGO Millenium Falcon shown above. Since this is a May the 4th contest, you will have to complete 4 simple tasks on Twitter to be eligible to win.
HOW TO ENTER: You need to follow @BBYCanada on Twitter and include that in your tweets along with the hashtag #MayTheFourthBeWithYou as you complete all 4 of these tasks:
Task 1: Reply to our Tweet about the contest and Tag a friend who has never seen Star Wars. Accuse them of being a Gungan.
Task 2: Snap a pic, and tweet us your most devastatingly accurate Emperor Palpatine impression. Points for pastiness.
Task 3: Tweet us the best Yoda quote. If you can do it from memory, add ears <( -.- )> to your tweet.
Task 4: Tell us which of our Star Wars prizes you would be MOST excited for!
The contest runs from Saturday May 3rd until Sunday May 4th. Prizes will be announced on twitter so you must follow @BBYCanada to find out if you won.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN WIN: There are five (5) prizes available to be won:
- One (1) Lego Millennium Falcon sets
- One (1) Lego Droid Gunship set
- One (1) Angry Birds Star Wars for PS4
- One (1) Angry Birds Star Wars for Xbox One
- One (1) Star Wars Light Side Trilogy (Episodes 1-3 – the “new” ones) and One (1) Clone Trooper figurine
Note that entering a comment to this blog article will not qualify you for this contest. You must enter by completing all 4 tasks listed above on Twitter. Also only one tweet per task is permitted per person.
Best of luck to everyone!
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
May the 4th Twitter Contest
May 3 – 4, 2014
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made online on Twitter between 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 3, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 4, 2014 (PST) (the “Contest Period”) by completing all four (4) tasks, tweeting them to @BBYCanada and including the hashtag #MayTheFourthBeWithYou
- Task 1: Reply and Tag a friend who has never seen Star Wars. Accuse them of being a Gungan.
- Task 2: Snap a pic, and tweet us your most devastatingly accurate Emperor Palpatine impression. Points for pastiness.
- Task 3: Tweet us the best Yoda quote. If you can do it from memory, add ears <( -.- )> to your tweet.
- Task 4: Tell us which of our Star Wars prizes you would be MOST excited for!
It is required entrants have a valid Twitter account and follow @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec so we can communicate with the selected winner.
- Only one entry per person/ per task. Participants making multiple entries will only have their first entry considered. Photos must be a single work of original material created by the entrant. Entries that are fraudulent and contestants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and their parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There are five (5) prizes available to be won and a total approximate retail value of $347.00 CAD consisting of:
- One (1) Lego Millennium Falcon sets – Valued at $179.99
- One (1) Lego Droid Gunship set – Valued at $58.98
- One (1) Angry Birds Star Wars for PS4 – Valued at $49.99
- One (1) Angry Birds Star Wars for Xbox One – Valued at $49.99
- One (1) Star Wars Light Side Trilogy – Valued at $48.99 (Episodes 1-3 – the “new” ones) and One (1) Clone Trooper figurine – Valued at $9.99
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The selected five (5) entrants will be randomly drawn from eligible entries approximately 10 a.m. on Monday, May 5, 2014 at the Best Buy’s head office, at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
- The officials may ReTweet various entries at any time without awarding prizes to those contestants.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the judging panel’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the winners will be contacted through their Twitter account within forty-eight (48) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a prize, the applicable winners must:
- Respond to the prize notification within two (2) days of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and their respective parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning photo for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and the officials will select another winning contestant.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.