Earlier this year many of our stores began the process of transforming into Best Buy stores. That process took a number of months but here we are in October and the transformation is complete … you’ll love what we’ve done with the place!
Best Buy is one of the most accessible and convenient sources of technology, entertainment and lifestyle products in Canada. No matter where you live, you are always just a click away from Best Buy with our world-class online shopping experience, bestbuy.ca. In fact for the second year in a row, Best Buy has been awarded “Best Omni-channel Large Retailer” in the country at the Canada Post e-Commerce Innovation Awards.
Now, thanks to the transformation of so many stores, more Canadians than ever have access to the familiar blue and yellow look, great service and great selection at a location near their home. Browse the aisles to discover something new in every department. You can even talk to one of the friendly staff to arrange delivery of something from our incredible online “endless aisle.”
We are ecstatic to finally celebrate the grand opening of 55 newly transformed Best Buy stores. Come in to any of these stores and enter for a chance to win a $500 Best Buy gift card. All you need to do is complete a ballot in one of the participating stores.
Here are the details (complete Rules and Regulations are shown below):
Entries can be obtained at any of the 55 participating locations listed here. Complete the entry form with your contact information. Submit that entry in the designated ballot box located at the participating store.
What you can win:
Each store will randomly draw one winner from all valid entries submitted in that store. The winner drawn at each location will receive a $500 gift card to Best Buy Canada.
This contest runs from October 9th to 12th and is valid in store only at participating locations.
Good luck to everyone.
Contest Rules for Best Buy
ENTER TO WIN A $500 BEST BUY GIFT CARD
Oct 9 – Oct 12, 2015
How to enter the contest (the “Contest”):
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made from store opening time on October 9, 2015 to store closing time on October 12, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). To enter this Contest, entrants must fill out a ballot (available at each participating store) and submit the ballot into a designated ballot box located inside a participating store.
- Only one entry per person per store. Participants making multiple entries will be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid. Entries that are illegible, altered, mutilated or tampered with may be declared invalid. All entries become the property of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”) and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada only who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence on or before October 9, 2015.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy, and its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- 55 Best Buy stores are participating in the Contest. Please see attached for a list of participating stores. There is one prize to be won per store: one (1) $500 gift card to Best Buy Canada. Total value of all prizes is $27,500.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not to be sold and not redeemable for cash.
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event the Prize or any component of the Prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
- The Contest will run from Friday, October 9th, 2015, 10:00 am (Store opening hours) to Monday, October 12th, 2016, closing time. Closing times vary by store, please visit bestbuy.ca for details.
- One contest winner will be drawn randomly from the entries per store. The draw will take place on the following day, Tuesday, October 13, 2015 before close of business.
- In order to receive the Prize, the selected entrant must:
- respond to the Prize notification within 72 hours of receipt of email or call;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest Rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy, and its parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents; and
- consents to the announcement of the Prize winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the Prize winner.
- Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 12, the prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, entrants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy may disclose to others.
- Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (together, the “Released Parties”) will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a Prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest Prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by the Released Parties, or anyone for whom the Released Parties are responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest Rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at its option, to publish the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement
Awesome contest ! Looking forward to getting out to the new store and checking out the new look, and of course the grand opening prices !
Cant wait to see the new store
Love the Best Buy stores it is like going to the north pole and seeing all the things you would like they have everything.. Things I didn’t even know existed. The store customer service reps. are very knowledgeable and can help you with anything you would desire…..
Comments are closed.