A Pixel Tablet is a great addition to any home, but especially a smart home. It’s not just a great Android tablet thanks to the dock that allows you to place this conveniently where it can be seen, heard, and function as a smart controller of smart devices in your home. Read about this new tablet from Google, then enter for a chance to win one of two that we are giving away in this contest.
What is a Pixel Tablet?
A Pixel Tablet is a premium tablet from Google, with included dock, for your home. The built-in Tensor G2 chip makes it a powerhouse for entertainment, smart home security and convenience, hands-free operation, and a lot more. To give you an idea of what it can do, here are five ways I would use it in my home. First I’ll be clear about where I would put the dock: in the kitchen. You can buy additional docks separately, for the bedroom, the den, etc, but I would primarily keep it docked in the kitchen since I do a lot of cooking.
- First and foremost I would use it to stream video. It’s the only tablet with Chromecast built in! So if I found a great recipe video while on my phone, I would just stream it to the tablet. Also, it’s NFL season again. I often watch a game on Sunday mornings while baking bread or making breakfast for my family. Usually my phone is propped up against a tea cozy, but the Pixel Tablet, with its 11″ screen, would be ideal!
- Music is almost always streaming in my home. I usually use the Google voice assistant on my Google Home mini. The sounds is okay; the Pixel Tablet would be a huge improvement—equally responsive with better speakers.
- Research before work: I read a lot of articles to stay informed about new technology. The Pixel Tablet would go where I go to read—outside on the deck, in the music room, etc. I would put it back on the dock when I’m done reading of course.
- Social messaging and video calling: I video call my daughter, who’s in Montreal (I’m in Vancouver), usually using my Pixel phone. However, I would prefer the Pixel Tablet for the larger screen … and it would be on it’s dock so I could keep cooking and moving around the kitchen. Conveniently, the “Continuous Framing” feature would keep me in the picture as I talk and work.
- Smart home control: The Pixel Tablet would be great for monitoring activity on my smart cameras (usually it’s deer, but occasionally we get deliveries or neighbours dropping in) and adjusting my smart lights. The seasons are changing right now so outdoor light schedules need changing. Also, I love to change up the colour of my outdoor lights, especially for Halloween and the holidays. My wife never knows what colours I’ll pick for our entrance or back deck on any given day so it keeps her guessing and helps keep our relationship fresh—haha!
We asked Ted, one of our blog contributors, to write an honest review of the Pixel tablet. Go read his review, and you’ll be convinced that this is the tablet for your home. Ted makes it clear that this is an Android tablet with a bit more functionality than the standard model, and that’s mainly due to the charging station that’s included. Since this is an Android tablet, you can take it anywhere, whether to be more productive at work, to enjoy a superb display, or to benefit from its great responsiveness. As for the charging station, it serves as a high-quality speaker, a hub to control your smart home devices, a support to keep the tablet upright, and of course, a convenient way to recharge your tablet.
How to enter
Entering this contest will be fun and you can enter in three different ways (one entry per method only):
- In a comment below tell us what you like most about the Pixel Tablet and in which room of the house you’d place it if you won this contest.
- In a comment below Ted’s Pixel Tablet review, tell us one thing you’ve learned about this tablet thanks to what Ted mentioned in his article (or video) that helped you decide if it’s right for you.
- For one additional entry, create a public post on a social media channel sharing with your friends and followers that you are entering a contest to win a Google Pixel Tablet. Include the hashtag #PixelBestBuyContest, so we can find your post, and include a picture from this contest page. Then return here and tell us in a comment below on which channel you posted it and the name of your channel (since many people use pseudonyms) so that we can check and verify your entry. You can use any social media channel (X / Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Thread, LinkedIn, etc.), but the post must be public so we can verify it is there.
What you can win
At the end of the contest, we will randomly select two (2) winners from all eligible entries. Each winner will receive a new Pixel Tablet.
This contest runs from September 28th to October 12th
Remember you can enter up to three times as mentioned above. Perhaps you’ve been trying to win a prize in a Best Buy Canada contest for many years and just have not been lucky. Hedge your bet by telling all of your friends and family that you really need their support for this amazing contest. They’ll likely be happy to enter this contest too. If they win, I’m sure they’ll share the prize with you.