You’ve probably seen some of the newest wearable technology introduced in the past year. There have been watches that talk to your phone, and little device that clip onto your clothes and track every movement you make. Some of these devices seem pretty obvious and self-explanatory: who doesn’t know how to use a watch? Then there are other devices that require a little more explanation.
The MUSE Brain-Sensing Headband is one of the newest wearable devices available, and it is quite different from the others you have seen. As shown above, it wraps around the top of your head, sort of like headphones. Unlike headphones, however, it doesn’t send out signals for you to hear, it listens to the signals your brain is sending: your brainwaves. This may seem a little like science fiction, but scientists have actually been recording and investigating brain waves for decades. This has almost always been done in a clinical setting before. The MUSE enables you to do this wherever you are.
Why would you record your brain waves in the first place? Apparently, brain waves change constantly and show specific patterns when you are stressed that are different from the patterns when you are calm. By measuring brain waves, MUSE is able to give you feedback about your current stress levels and guide you to become less stressed. It’s that feedback that allows you to know what you need to do to become a calmer, more relaxed person.
That is just a very basic description of the MUSE. If you want to learn more then you could read one of the many reviews online about the device. You could also read the experiences of comedian Debra DiGiovanni who tried the MUSE. Of course, the best way to find out about the MUSE would be to talk with the people who created it.
Best Buy and MUSE are going to help you to do just that. Post your questions on Best Buy’s Facebook page, and during a one-hour live Q&A session, MUSE will answer as many of your questions as they can, right on Facebook. Also everyone who asks a question will be entered into a draw to win a MUSE Brain-Sensing Headband. Here are all the details:
How to participate and enter the contest:
Participation in the Q&A session is really easy. You must be registered on Facebook and “Like” the Best Buy Facebook page. On that Facebook page, find the post for the MUSE Q&A session and post a question. When the Q&A session begins, follow along with the answers posted by MUSE. You can ask as many questions as you want, though only the first question will be used to qualify you for the contest.
What you can win:
Everyone will get the benefit of learning more about the MUSE Brain-Sensing Headband. One of the many people who asked a question on the Facebook Q&A post will be randomly chosen to win one of these innovative devices.
You will be able to post questions from 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT on Wednesday April 15th 2015 until noon PDT/ 3pm EDT Thursday April 16th. The live session with MUSE will occur on Thursday April 16th at 11 AM PDT/ 2PM EDT.
Good luck to everyone!
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
Muse Facebook Contest
April 15, 2014 – April 16, 2015
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made online on Facebook between 12 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15, 2014 and 12 p.m. (noon) on Thursday, April 16th 2015 (PDT) (the “Contest Period”) by sharing a comment on Facebook under the Muse Q&A post for a single entry. It is required that entrants either have a valid Facebook account and Like the Best Buy Canada Facebook page, so we can communicate with the selected winner.
- Only one entry per person. Participants making multiple entries will only have their first entry considered. Entries that are fraudulent and contestants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and may be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding residents of the province of Quebec. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and their parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is one (1) prize package available to be won of a Muse Brain-Sensing Headband (MU-01-BK-EN) – Black. The prize value is of $ 299 CAD. The total retail value of all the prizes is approximately $299 CAD. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The selected entrant will be randomly drawn from eligible entries approximately 10 a.m. on Friday, April 17th 2015 at the Best Buy’s head office, at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the judging panel’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the winners will be contacted through their Facebook account within twenty four (24) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a prize, the applicable winners must:
- Respond to the prize notification within two (2) days of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and their respective parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning photo for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 12, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and the officials will select another winning contestant.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
Love to record what happens when watching a porting events
I agree that would be great. take it a little further and wear it while watching an action movie and afterwards compare the data with your memories of how you felt during the big scenes versus the slow parts. I wonder if the shows we really enjoy would appear as more relaxing or more stressful.
When i clicked on the link page it brought me back to the facebook web site for the brain wave thing…MUSE from what I read about it… was wanting to try it… thanks
If you are looking for the link for the MUSE headband at Best Buy, you can click here.
Who won the contest?
We just received confirmation that the winner of this contest is Carrie Jordan. Congratulations Carrie! Keep checking the blog; we have more contests coming very soon.
Comments are closed.