If someone you love enjoys reading, then they’ll love the Kobo Libra 2. Even if you heard them say “I love the feel of a good book in my hands”, there is also room in their life for this eReader. It is the kind of gift people remember. How do I know? I receive this same model of eReader as a gift from my wife last month. Read on to learn why I think it’s a perfect gift then enter for a chance to win one to give to someone you love.
What gift do you have and use everyday
If you look back to the last few years, how many gifts that you received do you remember. I know this exercise was easier when I was younger, but the point is, some gifts are more memorable than others. The ones that are unique and that you use often will be sure to stand out. For example, my brother in law gave me an axe four years ago. That may sound strange, but the fact is our home is heated by a wood stove and the axe I received is really good at chopping wood—I use it all of the time.
An eReader is really good for reading books. Really good! I had one a long time ago that got stolen; before it disappeared, I used it all the time: in bed, in the bath, in the car while waiting for a child’s piano lessons to finish, etc. Yes it’s different from a book—mostly it’s better.
5 reasons why a Kobo eReader is better than a book
Books can be beautiful—works of art sometimes—but a Kobo is just better in many ways:
- It’s light: holding a Kobo in one hand for hours while you read is less taxing on your wrist than a book—especially if the book has hundreds of pages.
- It has a light built in: need I say more, at night your eyes will thank you for the adjustable brightness settings of a kobo reducing the strain.
- Adjustable font sizes: some books have impossibly tiny print; the Kobo enables you to choose the font size that suites your needs.
- Built-in dictionary: understand every word on the page; hold your finger on a word and the definition magically appears.
- Built-in library: how many books will you take with you as your travel (across town or across the country); as many as you want without adding any extra weight to your luggage.
Here are a few reasons why I believe the Kobo Libra 2 is a great valentines gift
Some people are harder to buy for than others; as such, I believe part of my job is to present a range of options to Best Buy customers to perhaps make gifting a bit easier. We’ve presented many of these on the blog in other articles; however, I do believe that a Kobo is a great gift idea for a loved one who reads books a lot or even occasionally. I have learned that I read more with a Kobo than without, I find things I want to read more easily thanks to the built in bookstore, I like that the prices of ebooks is so much lower than regular books, and I like that it fits in my jacket pocket. Your loved one will likely find many things to love about it too over time. Isn’t that kind of a perfect gift: one you really like when you get it, but increasingly love more and more as you use it? Best Buy has a range of Kobo devices too. But you can enter this contest now and have a chance to win the same model I fell in love with: the Libra 2.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in two different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which of the many Kobo Libra 2 features I mentioned above would most impress your valentine and why?
- Visit the Valentine’s gift guide, then tell us in a comment on that page which item that is showing in the gift guide is your favourite.
What you can win
At the end of this contest we will randomly draw one winner to receive a new Kobo Libra 2 eReader.
This contest runs from Jan 27th until Feb 9th.
Remember you can enter twice, once in a comment below and once in a comment on the Valentines Gift Guide article. However, instead of reminding your valentine that February 14th is quickly approaching you can just share the contest with them! They’ll get the hint and get ideas for great gifts.