Vacuuming isn’t the coolest topic around the water cooler. In fact most of us don’t give it a second thought – we have to do it and the machine we use is not much of a conversation piece. Dyson owners, on the other hand, have a lot to talk about. Their machines are the best on the market: highly efficient, extremely powerful, exciting cleaning marvels.
I recently entered the ranks of Dyson ownership. My 2 year old vacuum died right before we were going to have a guest stay for the weekend. I decided enough was enough, and bought my first Dyson – the DC 66. It was really easy to assemble – the pictorial instruction booklet was super easy to follow and kind of fun. Within a few minutes of getting it home it was tackling the mess left by my long-haired orange tabby cat. It did wonders. The biggest “animal” in my house is no match for the Dyson DC 66 Animal. And of course when I got to work I had to tell everyone how it easily cleaned up after the biggest animal in my home, my always-shedding cat.
Want to find out if the Dyson DC 66 can help you with the biggest “animal” in your home? Perhaps it’s one of your kids, the man of the house or even an adorable, but very furry, Yorkshire Terrier. No matter who makes the biggest messes in your home, and therefore owns the title of “biggest animal,” the Dyson DC 66 will make clean up so easy and fun you’ll want to let everyone know.
Best Buy is giving you a chance to find out for yourself. One lucky person will win the newest, most powerful vacuum on the market, the Dyson DC 66 Animal.
HOW TO ENTER: It is really easy. Take a picture of the biggest animal in your house (that could be a pet or a person) and share it on Twitter to @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec. Be sure to include the hashtag #DysonAnimal.
You must follow @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec so that we can let you know if you won.
That is all there is to it. You can only enter once, so be sure to tell your friends and family so they too can have a chance to win.
Note that entering a comment to this blog post will not qualify you for this contest – you must enter by sharing the photo of the biggest animal in your home on Twitter.
The contest begins on Tuesday May 6th and ends on Friday May 9th. Winners will be notified on Twitter.
Best of luck to everyone!
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
Dyson Twitter Contest
May 6 – 9, 2014
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made online on Twitter between 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 9, 2014 (PST) (the “Contest Period”) by tweeting a photo of your biggest ‘animal’ in your home to @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec including the hashtag #DysonAnimal. It is required entrants have a valid Twitter account and follow @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec so we can communicate with the selected winner.
- Only one entry per person. Participants making multiple entries will only have their first entry considered. Photos must be a single work of original material created by the entrant. Entries that are fraudulent and contestants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and their parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is one (1) grand prize available to be won of a Dyson Animal Upright Vacuum (DC66AN). The total retail value of all the prizes is approximately $700.00 CAD.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The selected entrant will be randomly drawn from eligible entries approximately 10 a.m. on Monday, Monday, May 12, 2014 at the Best Buy’s head office, at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
- The officials may ReTweet various entries at any time without awarding prizes to those contestants.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the judging panel’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the winners will be contacted through their Twitter account within forty-eight (48) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a prize, the applicable winners must:
- Respond to the prize notification within two (2) days of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and their respective parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning photo for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and the officials will select another winning contestant.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement