We’ve been posting articles about the new Call of Duty: Black Ops III for quite a while now. After all, the Call of Duty franchise is immensely popular. Way back in April, Paul Hunter, Editor of Gaming at Plug in, told us about the Call of Duty: Black Ops III beta offer for anyone who orders it really early. In that article Paul discussed some of the great early details that had been released about the game including Co-op Campaign mode, Multiplayer mode and Zombie mode.
Last month Brad Pajuluoma wrote about the fan favourite multiplayer map, NUK3TOWN, that would be in limited quantities for people who preordered Call of Duty: Black Ops III. He reiterated some of the features that will make this newest addition to the franchise an instant classic.
One feature that we would have loved to have written about but didn’t get a chance was the Juggernog Edition of the game. When that edition was released earlier in the year it sold out really, really quickly. Why? If you look at the image at the top of this post you can see all of the amazing bonuses that are included in that edition.
The Call of Duty website calls The Call of Duty®: Black Ops III Juggernog Edition:
|the ultimate Collector’s Edition for Black Ops fans. It comes loaded with a cache of collectible items—including a fully-functional Juggernog Mini-Fridge and bonus digital content that will prepare you for the latest Black Ops adventure.|
Our forums received questions about the availability of the Juggernog Edition before it went on sale. As you can see on the forum thread, that version of the game was highly sought after, and sold out within a couple days. After it sold out, we were asked if there would be another round for this edition. Unfortunately, another round was not made available to us.
Now Best Buy is giving you another chance to get the Juggernog Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Here is what you need to do to:
How to enter
The easiest way to enter is by pre-ordering! Pre-order a standard edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One or PlayStation 4) and you’ll be automatically entered to win. Note that if you have already pre-ordered one of these versions of the game you are also automatically entered to win.
For a no purchase necessary entry, mail the following information on a 4 x 6 card via self-addressed stamped envelope: First and last name, full mailing address, email address and phone number. Ballots can be mailed attn: Best Buy Promotions – Juggernog Upgrade Contest 8800 Glenlyon Pky. Burnaby, BC V5J 5K3
What you can win
We will draw 10 lucky names from all eligible entries. Each winner will receive a Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Juggernog Edition. Note that legal restrictions mean that residents of Quebec are ineligible to receive a Call of Duty: Black Ops III Juggernog Edition and any Prize Winner residing in Quebec will instead receive a Best Buy Gift Card for the equivalent value of the Prize.
Have you preordered your copy? If not, this may be just what you’ve been waiting for: a chance to win this amazing edition.
Contest Rules for Best Buy
UPGRADE TO A CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 3 JUGGERNOG EDITION CONTEST
October 16, 2015 to Thursday, November 5, 2015
How to enter the “Upgrade to a Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 Juggernog Edition!” contest (the “Contest”)
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made between 12:00 AM PST on October 16, 2015 to November 5th at 11:59pm PST (the “Contest Period”).
- To enter this Contest, entrants must do one of the following:
- pre-order through Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”) the standard edition of either Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on Xbox One or Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on PlayStation 4.
- mail the following information on a 4 x 6 card via self-addressed stamped envelope: First and last name, full mailing address, email address and phone number. Ballots can be mailed attn:
Best Buy Promotions – Juggernog Upgrade Contest 8800 Glenlyon Pky. Burnaby, BC V5J 5K3
- Pre-orders of the standard edition of either Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on Xbox One or Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on PlayStation 4 placed prior to the start of the Contest Period will automatically be entered into the Contest.
- Only one entry per person. Participants making multiple entries will be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid. Entries that are illegible, altered, mutilated or tampered with may be declared invalid. All entries become the property of Best Buy and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada only who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence on or before November 5, 2015.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy, and its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is a total of 10 Prizes to be won by 10 different Prize Winners: five (5) copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops III Juggernog Edition on Xbox One and five (5) copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops III Juggernog Edition on PlayStation 4. Each prize is worth $249.99 CAD. Residents of Quebec are ineligible to receive a Call of Duty: Black Ops III Juggernog Edition and any Prize Winner residing in Quebec will instead receive a Best Buy Gift Card for the equivalent value of the Prize.
- Prize Winners who enter the Contest by placing a pre-order will still receive a copy of the standard edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in accordance with the terms of the pre-order. Prize Winners entering the Contest through the no purchase necessary (mail) method will receive a Prize, but will not receive a copy of the standard edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 unless a pre-order was placed.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not to be sold and not redeemable for cash.
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event the Prize or any component of the Prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
- The Contest will run from 12:00 AM PST on October 16, 2015, until November 5th at 11:59pm PST.
- Ten (10) contest winners will be drawn randomly from the entries. The draw will take place on the following day, Friday, November 6th, 2015.
- In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must:
- respond to the prize notification within 72 hours of receipt of email or call;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates; and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 14, the prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy may disclose to others.
- Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email or telephone call;
- any changes in email addresses, email address assignments, or telephone numbers after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy is an operating division of Best Buy Canada Ltd., bestbuy.ca.ca is a web site owned and operated by Best Buy.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.