Why would I start a contest giving away a huge selection of toys in March? It’s true that toys spark creativity and make learning fun at all times of the year. As such, I don’t think we should introduce children to new toys only twice a year: birthdays and Christmas. More importantly, though, March is full of important days related to toys. I’ll list five of those days below. I’m sure after reading that list you’ll agree with me that all children should get a new toy in March. Then you can enter for a chance to win a toy prize package that will make March the most important toy month in your home.
What are 5 important days in March to celebrate toys
I truly believe that every day we can help a child grow in their understanding and appreciation of the world and the people we share it with is an important day. So consider these five days as opportunities to kick off an explosion of exploration by a child that will last for weeks or months. For each day, I will suggest one or more toys that might be perfect gifts to give on that day.
- The first Friday of March is traditionally the National Day of Unplugging, encouraging us to unplug digitally for 24 hours. I see it as a day to disconnect from tech to reconnect with people. The best toy to give on this day is a new board game! The prize packages in this contest include some fantastic classics from Hasbro including The Game of Life, Yahtzee, Connect 4, Scrabble, and Clue, and exciting new board games like Unlock!, Skull, and The Werewolves of Miller’s Hollow.
- International Women’s Day, March 8th, celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. One women who had a huge impact on education practices around the world was Maria Montessori. One of her famous quotes is, “Play is the work of a child.” Celebrate her achievements and the achievements of other women around the world with toys that encourage exploration. The prize packages in this contest include Leapfrog Touch and Learn World Map which helps children learn about many countries including Italy where Montessori was from.
- Math and science related toys are perfect for Pi Day. Celebrated on March 14th since the mathematical constant pi or 3.14…. The prize packages in this contest include a learning tablet called LeapPad Academy that includes a huge range of fun and challenging activities designed to build a range of skills including those related to science and math. There is one other prize offered in this contest that celebrates a truly amazing technological achievement seen in hockey rinks all across Canada: a Zamboni! This amazing ride on toy teaches driving skills and more. It will also be a truly unique way to introduce your child into learning about the states of matter!
- March 20th is the International Day of Happiness meant to promote happiness and well-being for everyone. A new toy that brings joy and happiness to a child’s life can help them develop positive emotions and coping mechanisms. I suppose that all of the toys that we are giving away in this contest would be great to give on this date. However, I’m going to suggest a robot called Miko. It will follow you, come when you call it, answer complex questions, and generally do its best to please you at all times. Alternatively, video games never dissappoint, especially classics like Pacman. The Pacman Collectorcade is an adorable small gaming console with a few classic fun favourites.
- Lastly, celebrate creativity on World Poetry Day, March 21st. There are many toys mentioned above, like Scrabble and LeapPad Academy that encourage language skill development. However, I believe this day is about more than using language creatively. One prize included in this contest is the Vtec Kidizoom Creator Cam that encourage the whole range of creative skills necessary to make a great video. These include visual creativity, scripting, and presentation skills. You children will have fun while building confidence in skill they’ll use throughout their lives.
You might be wondering why I didn’t call out any of the other big events coming up in March, like spring break or St. Patrick’s day. For some people, those are the most important days in March. If you have a different day than what I mentioned that’s great; you’ll have an opportunity to share that as you enter this contest.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which day in March, either one of those mentioned above or one that’s important to you for other reasons, is a great day to give a child a new toy. Also, please explain what kind of toy should you give on that day and why.
- Visit the Education and Learning toys page at Best Buy, to find one toy that you like and think is very interesting. In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “March toy contest” tell us what the name and model number of that toy is and why you liked it.
- For a bonus entry, and in keeping with my favourite day above, March 21st, compose a poem of at least two lines (though it can be as long as you want!), that extolls the virtues of toys for young and old. Please enter that poem in a comment below.
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly draw five winners to win one of these five amazing prize packages:
This contest runs from March 3rd until April 3rd.
Remember, you can enter in three different ways as mentioned above. Do you think your friends and family are aware of why March is such an important month for toys? If not, tell them about this contest and ask them which day they think is the most important in March.
Win a Toy Prize package for March Rules and Regulations
March 31st because it is the last day of March. Lego is always good because it is something new to learn when real spring happens in Canada.
the International Day of Happiness should be everyday. I think Miko the robot would make my kids pretty happy. I think the adults would like it also
Toys are great for young and old,
And a great way to enjoy March winter cold!
March 16th is my son’s birthday so a great day to give a toy! Ever now that he is in his 20s – never go wrong with a board game – fun way for the family to get together!
March 29th is my oldest son’s birthday. It is very special and marks the start of my husband and I growing our family. He loves Dinosaurs and learning about the environment around him. We are starting off video games from the original Nintendo upwards and having an arcade game, he could really feel what older games were like!
I want an educational game.
March 20th is a perfect day to celebrate Spring and give a child a new toy such as Lego as it helps promote children’s creativity.
We all love the magic of a toy
That will bring endless joy
March 20th, the International Day of Happiness is a good day to give a toy and I’d give some Lego to build a new creation with my kids
My youngest’s birthday is in March 15 so it will always be a special day in our family and when he was younger a great day to give a toy. He always loved LEGO so I think it’s an appropriate toy for any age because you have to use your imagination when playing with it.
My grandkids would love it when visiting Grandma’s with all these toys to play with
Toys are fun for you and me.
They can teach and they can entertain.
They’re great to play indoors when staying out of the rain!
So let’s play with new toys, let’s be bold –
They’re the best for young and old!
A good day in March that is a great day to give a child a new toy, is March 8th! Because it’s my nephew’s birthday 🙂 For that occasion, I would give him a fun new toy like a robot or a dinosaur, because that’s what he’s into these days.
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
I love playing Tile Rummy with you!
The first Friday of March being the Day of Unplugging is a great idea and one I wasn’t familiar with but I think it would be a great day to work on the LEGO Star Wars The Justifier 1022 Piece project!
March 20th, being the International Day of Happiness would be a good day to give my grandchildren toys.
March 3 would be the perfect day to gift a game to help unplug. I would gift my granddaughter the game Skull, and The Werewolves of Miller’s Hollow because I think it would be right up her alley. She loves board games and I’m sure this one would be a big hit.
March 30 … its my birthday!
I like the leapfrog toys as they are interactive and kids learn
I would give to my friend’s daughter
Toys for you and toys for me
Everyone will be as happy as can be
National Day of Unplugging would be a great day to give a toy and I would pick a board game to play with my family.
giving a goft to a child is the best feeling in world a memory never to be forgoten
My two boys would be stoked to win a bunch of new toys.
never too young or old
great to give to my kid on march 31 Bday
Toys are great for everyone
They help us have so much fun!
International happiness day is a great day to gift a toy. I would gift one of the little robots because they are so cute and sure to make anyone smile.
national day of unplugging, so that the child is not always focused on a screen, gift a toy which is all about building/hands on
Here’s a Haiku for you!
Toys are such a joy
For kids and the young at heart
Laughing, having fun
There can never be a better joy
Than gifting a child with a toy
St Patrick’s Day is the perfect day in March to gift a fun game like Skull Party or Yahtzee!
March 21st it is my Dad’s birthday
It’s a time to play just like every other day
International Women’s Day, March 8th. Any toy that promotes a career in STEM to show what future career choices are possible.
Never too young, never too old,
Playing with toys is fun I am told.
From fun creative and imaginative play,
Keeps one occupied during the day.
March birthday boy & he would love an XBOX of course.
So many different kids of toys
Ther’s always one for everyone
The first Friday of March the National Day of Unplugging would be the best day to give a toy and I would give some Lego to make a creation.
I want to play a game,
nothing that is too lame.
What video game should I play?
Why waste your time that way?
What do you want to do?
I want to play Yahtzee, how about you?
Okay, that sounds fun!
When were done, we’ll play another one!
I would have to say for me it would be between the national day of unplugging and the international day of happiness. The National day of unplugging is so important because I find that this generation is so technology obsessed and sometimes it is too much. I think a great toy to give would be scrabble because its a fun board game and it also teaches spelling and strategy.
My second choice is international day of happiness and that’s easy, who wouldn’t want to put a smile on someones face and giving a toy, bonus! The toy I would give on that day would be a zamboni as I have a hockey obsessed family and I know they would love it.
In march, the best time to give a present is at the end of spring break.
This will motivate my 2 boys to be good to each other since they’ll be home from school for 2 weeks.
I need some sanity at home…
Day of Unplugging for me – build lego, play board games like Catan
An ode to:
Robobloq Qoopers. Programmable Metal Robot Kit
Model Number: Robobloq Qoopers
“Oh, Qoopers of the rad Robobloq
How I love it when you talk ~
Your blinking pixels are so sweet
Let’s make all the pets retreat!”
Toys are for young and old,
They bring joy and make us bold,
From dolls to cars to games,
They light up our lives like flames.
The National Day of Unplugging is the bestest day because it means shopping for new Lego. It’s the perfect way to shut everything off and just experience the joy of clicking bricks together
March 20th is the International Day of Happiness and prize #2 would be great for my grandchild!
International Women’s Day is important for our family as my wife and daughter are two very amazingly talented, creative, and strong females! Lego would be a toy that would be perfect to encourage creativity and imagination, as well as critical thinking!
March 8th international women’s day is very important to me, my wife and daughter are so strong smart and beautiful! I will always be there for them!
Well – my favourite day in March happens to be my birthday 😉
So I would give my child some lego so that we can work on it together!`
Toys can be fun
Toys can be cool
Let your imagination flow
And play by the rules!
March 14 is a special day for me, it changed my life having my firstborn of 5 children. I would say an appropriate toy would be board games for my daughter and her children to enjoy, because they bring families together!
Would like to win this. Especially after somebody took my Amazon order with a kids toy from my front door
There’s always a story to be told
And the wonder of games and toys never grows old
Comments are closed.