Why would I start a contest giving away a huge selection of toys in March? It’s true that toys spark creativity and make learning fun at all times of the year. As such, I don’t think we should introduce children to new toys only twice a year: birthdays and Christmas. More importantly, though, March is full of important days related to toys. I’ll list five of those days below. I’m sure after reading that list you’ll agree with me that all children should get a new toy in March. Then you can enter for a chance to win a toy prize package that will make March the most important toy month in your home.
What are 5 important days in March to celebrate toys
I truly believe that every day we can help a child grow in their understanding and appreciation of the world and the people we share it with is an important day. So consider these five days as opportunities to kick off an explosion of exploration by a child that will last for weeks or months. For each day, I will suggest one or more toys that might be perfect gifts to give on that day.
- The first Friday of March is traditionally the National Day of Unplugging, encouraging us to unplug digitally for 24 hours. I see it as a day to disconnect from tech to reconnect with people. The best toy to give on this day is a new board game! The prize packages in this contest include some fantastic classics from Hasbro including The Game of Life, Yahtzee, Connect 4, Scrabble, and Clue, and exciting new board games like Unlock!, Skull, and The Werewolves of Miller’s Hollow.
- International Women’s Day, March 8th, celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. One women who had a huge impact on education practices around the world was Maria Montessori. One of her famous quotes is, “Play is the work of a child.” Celebrate her achievements and the achievements of other women around the world with toys that encourage exploration. The prize packages in this contest include Leapfrog Touch and Learn World Map which helps children learn about many countries including Italy where Montessori was from.
- Math and science related toys are perfect for Pi Day. Celebrated on March 14th since the mathematical constant pi or 3.14…. The prize packages in this contest include a learning tablet called LeapPad Academy that includes a huge range of fun and challenging activities designed to build a range of skills including those related to science and math. There is one other prize offered in this contest that celebrates a truly amazing technological achievement seen in hockey rinks all across Canada: a Zamboni! This amazing ride on toy teaches driving skills and more. It will also be a truly unique way to introduce your child into learning about the states of matter!
- March 20th is the International Day of Happiness meant to promote happiness and well-being for everyone. A new toy that brings joy and happiness to a child’s life can help them develop positive emotions and coping mechanisms. I suppose that all of the toys that we are giving away in this contest would be great to give on this date. However, I’m going to suggest a robot called Miko. It will follow you, come when you call it, answer complex questions, and generally do its best to please you at all times. Alternatively, video games never dissappoint, especially classics like Pacman. The Pacman Collectorcade is an adorable small gaming console with a few classic fun favourites.
- Lastly, celebrate creativity on World Poetry Day, March 21st. There are many toys mentioned above, like Scrabble and LeapPad Academy that encourage language skill development. However, I believe this day is about more than using language creatively. One prize included in this contest is the Vtec Kidizoom Creator Cam that encourage the whole range of creative skills necessary to make a great video. These include visual creativity, scripting, and presentation skills. You children will have fun while building confidence in skill they’ll use throughout their lives.
You might be wondering why I didn’t call out any of the other big events coming up in March, like spring break or St. Patrick’s day. For some people, those are the most important days in March. If you have a different day than what I mentioned that’s great; you’ll have an opportunity to share that as you enter this contest.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which day in March, either one of those mentioned above or one that’s important to you for other reasons, is a great day to give a child a new toy. Also, please explain what kind of toy should you give on that day and why.
- Visit the Education and Learning toys page at Best Buy, to find one toy that you like and think is very interesting. In an email to email@example.com with the subject line “March toy contest” tell us what the name and model number of that toy is and why you liked it.
- For a bonus entry, and in keeping with my favourite day above, March 21st, compose a poem of at least two lines (though it can be as long as you want!), that extolls the virtues of toys for young and old. Please enter that poem in a comment below.
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly draw five winners to win one of these five amazing prize packages:
This contest runs from March 3rd until April 3rd.
Remember, you can enter in three different ways as mentioned above. Do you think your friends and family are aware of why March is such an important month for toys? If not, tell them about this contest and ask them which day they think is the most important in March.
Win a Toy Prize package for March Rules and Regulations
I am happy to announce the winner(s) of the March spring break toys:
Dustin D – Tecumseh, ON
Danielle G – Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce, QC
Brittany H – Leduc, AB
Jonathan S – Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Sylvie H – Rouyn-Noranda, QC
Keep reading blog.bestbuy.ca and get great informative articles about a wide range of topics from tech to toys, from smartphones to style. Participate on the blog by asking questions and offering your expertise to the comment sections of articles you read. And enter more contests: you never know when we will get more great products to give away.
This contest is now closed. We will draw the winners soon in accordance with the rules. Return to the blog often to read great articles, learn about the latest technology, and to enter more contests. You never know when we’ll be doing another amazing giveaway!
Giving a child a toy for March Break is great especially if it is one that keeps them happy and busy if the weather is rainy!
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I played with toys
so I was never blue!
March 14th is the most important to me – I love educational toys so I’d give a coding toy on March 14th.
Roses are red, violets are blue
Toys are fun…for me and you!
March 20th, the International Day of Happiness is a good day to give a toy. I would give one of the lrobots because they are so cute and sure to make anyone smile.
March 20th is the International Day of Happiness, so that would be the best time.
I think any toy which can be used for family time (like a board game) would be the best!
Toys are for young and old
A toy is for life
A toy is for play
A toy is for good times
A toy is for your use
A toy is for fun
A toy is for enjoyment
A toy is for your life
A toy is for your time
A toy is a part of life
A toy is for love
A toy is for memories
A toy is for happiness
March 17th is a great day to remind my grandchildren to appreciate their heritage. Not just the Irish heritage from me but the Italian, Philippine, English and other mixes just in the last couple of generations of our family. A toy or game that can be shared by cousins and siblings would be perfect.
March 27th is a great time to give the gift of an outside toy for spring weather!
first day of spring!
March 14th – Pi Day is a great day to give a child a new toy related to math or science.
Don’t try to explain, just make sure they have fun playing with a dice game, a structural building toy,
or the AI Robot! Celebrate with a piece of pie. They’ll get the pun when they are older.
Spring is the time to discover
Learn and play before the summer
Right before camping season starts with grandmother
March 20th is the International Day of Happiness meant to promote happiness and well-being for everyone and would be a wonderful day to give LeapFrog Touch & Learn World Map so that she can learn by touching, and listening about different countries. Our family is mixed from different countries so that would be a great way to teach at home.
March 15th is perfect for the Pacman Collectorcade
Dancing doll goes round and round
It turned a child’s frown upside down
March 31st is a great time to give the gift of an outside toy for spring
March 15 is a great time to give the gift of an outside toy for spring
Good games involve the mind and movement
For body, brain and skills improvement.
Young or old, it’s all the same
It does you good to play a game.
The 23rd is one of my granddaughters’ birthdays, so I would give her one of the VTech Marble Rush sets because she likes to build things.
St Patrick’s Day is a great day in March to gift a fun game like Clue or Yahtzee.
Such amazing toys, my grandson would love the zamboni!
I would celebrate the March 8th International Women’s Day as I have four daughters and they love to travel. My wife and I loved to take them on road trips when they were young and always had the road maps open to show them. They loved educational toys like LeapFrog, so I think the Touch and learn World Map would make a great toy gift for young girls and boys.
Pie 3.14 Day. I’ll give the Miko 3 AI Robot to inspire and get their curiosity about technology and will encourage them to gravitate towards taking up a science or technology career when they grow up.
A toy is a treat for young eyes to see
they reflect the imagination of minds
and direct fun along the path of a child’s life
International Women’s Day and I’d give the Zamboni so girls can see that they can do any job and anything they want as long as they have the desire to do so.
Toys are fun, toys are cool
Some even require no rules
They’re for the young and young at heart,
Some can even, make you smart.
Toys help you learn while you play,
You think, explore, express in a creative way.
first day of Spring to celebrate new beginnings
Spring, you are finally here.
We long you every year and you always come eventually!
Comments are closed.