What are 5 important days in March to celebrate toys
I truly believe that every day we can help a child grow in their understanding and appreciation of the world and the people we share it with is an important day. So consider these five days as opportunities to kick off an explosion of exploration by a child that will last for weeks or months. For each day, I will suggest one or more toys that might be perfect gifts to give on that day.
- The first Friday of March is traditionally the National Day of Unplugging, encouraging us to unplug digitally for 24 hours. I see it as a day to disconnect from tech to reconnect with people. The best toy to give on this day is a new board game! The prize packages in this contest include some fantastic classics from Hasbro including The Game of Life, Yahtzee, Connect 4, Scrabble, and Clue, and exciting new board games like Unlock!, Skull, and The Werewolves of Miller’s Hollow.
- International Women’s Day, March 8th, celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. One women who had a huge impact on education practices around the world was Maria Montessori. One of her famous quotes is, “Play is the work of a child.” Celebrate her achievements and the achievements of other women around the world with toys that encourage exploration. The prize packages in this contest include Leapfrog Touch and Learn World Map which helps children learn about many countries including Italy where Montessori was from.
- Math and science related toys are perfect for Pi Day. Celebrated on March 14th since the mathematical constant pi or 3.14…. The prize packages in this contest include a learning tablet called LeapPad Academy that includes a huge range of fun and challenging activities designed to build a range of skills including those related to science and math. There is one other prize offered in this contest that celebrates a truly amazing technological achievement seen in hockey rinks all across Canada: a Zamboni! This amazing ride on toy teaches driving skills and more. It will also be a truly unique way to introduce your child into learning about the states of matter!
- March 20th is the International Day of Happiness meant to promote happiness and well-being for everyone. A new toy that brings joy and happiness to a child’s life can help them develop positive emotions and coping mechanisms. I suppose that all of the toys that we are giving away in this contest would be great to give on this date. However, I’m going to suggest a robot called Miko. It will follow you, come when you call it, answer complex questions, and generally do its best to please you at all times. Alternatively, video games never dissappoint, especially classics like Pacman. The Pacman Collectorcade is an adorable small gaming console with a few classic fun favourites.
- Lastly, celebrate creativity on World Poetry Day, March 21st. There are many toys mentioned above, like Scrabble and LeapPad Academy that encourage language skill development. However, I believe this day is about more than using language creatively. One prize included in this contest is the Vtec Kidizoom Creator Cam that encourage the whole range of creative skills necessary to make a great video. These include visual creativity, scripting, and presentation skills. You children will have fun while building confidence in skill they’ll use throughout their lives.
You might be wondering why I didn’t call out any of the other big events coming up in March, like spring break or St. Patrick’s day. For some people, those are the most important days in March. If you have a different day than what I mentioned that’s great; you’ll have an opportunity to share that as you enter this contest.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which day in March, either one of those mentioned above or one that’s important to you for other reasons, is a great day to give a child a new toy. Also, please explain what kind of toy should you give on that day and why.
- Visit the Education and Learning toys page at Best Buy, to find one toy that you like and think is very interesting. In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “March toy contest” tell us what the name and model number of that toy is and why you liked it.
- For a bonus entry, and in keeping with my favourite day above, March 21st, compose a poem of at least two lines (though it can be as long as you want!), that extolls the virtues of toys for young and old. Please enter that poem in a comment below.
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly draw five winners to win one of these five amazing prize packages:
This contest runs from March 3rd until April 3rd.
Remember, you can enter in three different ways as mentioned above. Do you think your friends and family are aware of why March is such an important month for toys? If not, tell them about this contest and ask them which day they think is the most important in March.
Win a Toy Prize package for March Rules and Regulations