Some people say patience is a virtue, and I agree with that sentiment most of the time. Once upon a time people patiently waited for the huge Boxing Day sale to purchase whatever they absolutely didn’t have to have before that date. Over the past couple of years, Canadians have discovered that the sales at Best Buy on Black Friday and throughout the week of Cyber Monday were as good as any sales they could find later in the holiday season. Personally, I think Black Friday sales are amazing!
These sales have one more huge advantage over the end of year sales we grew so accustomed to during the past few decades: we don’t have to be patient! That’s right; you won’t have to wait for December 26th. You won’t have to get out of bed right after celebrating the holiday with your family to line up for hours to get the best deals.
In fact, at Best Buy you don’t have to get out of bed. I mean, you can if you want to, since our stores will be filled with the most amazing deals you’ve ever seen. And every Best Buy store will have incredible door crashers too. But you can also find those deals online at Bestbuy.ca—even door crashers! That’s how I do most of my holiday shopping. It’s fast, convenient and the products get delivered right to my door. So that’s my first suggestion for this holiday season: if you haven’t tried it yet, believe me shopping online will save you time, and shopping during Best Buy’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday events will save you money. Here are all the details:
When will these sales begin?
Black Friday is November 27: The Best Buy website will be closed from 6 to 8 pm Pacific on Thursday November 26th to prepare for the sale. From 8 to 9pm, the website will be accessible for browsing. The sale starts online at 9:00 pm Pacific on Thursday November 26th, 2015 and in the stores when they open on November 27th. The sale continues until stores close on Sunday November 29th.
Cyber Monday is November 30: On Sunday night the website will be closed from 6 to 8 pm Pacific, while the website gets all set up for the huge Cyber Monday sale. You can view the deals on the site beginning at approximately 8 pm PST on Sunday November 29th Pacific, but the sale won’t start until 9 pm. It will continue through Monday. This will be an extended sale; hence that week is often referred to as Cyber Week.
Do you want to see some of the great deals that will be available? Best Buy has a Black Friday flyer with a huge selection of items that will be available at a special price during the Black Friday sale.
Be prepared for amazing deals
- Visit the Best Buy website: If you have not visited the Best Buy website recently then spend some time getting familiar with how to navigate the site to find things you like. Search for a few items that you are interested in buying during the sale so you can quickly find them later. You could even bookmark the links to make finding things faster. There will be thousands of people on the site at the same time speed will be very important to ensure the items you want aren’t sold out.
- Create an account on our website. You don’t want to waste precious shopping time registering for an account when you can do that now.
- Sign up now for the Best Buy e-newsletter to receive the latest Black Friday and Cyber Monday news right in your inbox. This is the easiest way to stay on top of the latest and greatest sales.
- Check facebook and twitter often: during these sales events social media will be one of the first places where many deals will appear. Keep watching the Best Buy twitter feed and Facebook page for reports of offers. Also tell your friends ahead of time that you will be sharing the great deals you find on social media and that they should share too.
- Decide how you will pay: You can use a credit card, of course. You can also consider signing onto PayPal prior to the sales event for simple, secure and fast online transactions. With PayPal, you can pay for your purchases directly from your bank account, or from a credit card account, without having to enter your credit card details at Best Buy—you’ll be so shocked at how easy the transaction is you may never go back to paying by credit card online.
- Get your questions answered before you begin:
So who needs patience? Black Friday and Cyber Monday will have the sales you are looking for so you don’t need to wait to get that new 60” 4k television for the family. Just think about how good it will look under the tree! Prepare for a great holiday season and get the best deals at Best Buy.