Why would I start a contest giving away a huge selection of toys in March? It’s true that toys spark creativity and make learning fun at all times of the year. As such, I don’t think we should introduce children to new toys only twice a year: birthdays and Christmas. More importantly, though, March is full of important days related to toys. I’ll list five of those days below. I’m sure after reading that list you’ll agree with me that all children should get a new toy in March. Then you can enter for a chance to win a toy prize package that will make March the most important toy month in your home.
What are 5 important days in March to celebrate toys
I truly believe that every day we can help a child grow in their understanding and appreciation of the world and the people we share it with is an important day. So consider these five days as opportunities to kick off an explosion of exploration by a child that will last for weeks or months. For each day, I will suggest one or more toys that might be perfect gifts to give on that day.
- The first Friday of March is traditionally the National Day of Unplugging, encouraging us to unplug digitally for 24 hours. I see it as a day to disconnect from tech to reconnect with people. The best toy to give on this day is a new board game! The prize packages in this contest include some fantastic classics from Hasbro including The Game of Life, Yahtzee, Connect 4, Scrabble, and Clue, and exciting new board games like Unlock!, Skull, and The Werewolves of Miller’s Hollow.
- International Women’s Day, March 8th, celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. One women who had a huge impact on education practices around the world was Maria Montessori. One of her famous quotes is, “Play is the work of a child.” Celebrate her achievements and the achievements of other women around the world with toys that encourage exploration. The prize packages in this contest include Leapfrog Touch and Learn World Map which helps children learn about many countries including Italy where Montessori was from.
- Math and science related toys are perfect for Pi Day. Celebrated on March 14th since the mathematical constant pi or 3.14…. The prize packages in this contest include a learning tablet called LeapPad Academy that includes a huge range of fun and challenging activities designed to build a range of skills including those related to science and math. There is one other prize offered in this contest that celebrates a truly amazing technological achievement seen in hockey rinks all across Canada: a Zamboni! This amazing ride on toy teaches driving skills and more. It will also be a truly unique way to introduce your child into learning about the states of matter!
- March 20th is the International Day of Happiness meant to promote happiness and well-being for everyone. A new toy that brings joy and happiness to a child’s life can help them develop positive emotions and coping mechanisms. I suppose that all of the toys that we are giving away in this contest would be great to give on this date. However, I’m going to suggest a robot called Miko. It will follow you, come when you call it, answer complex questions, and generally do its best to please you at all times. Alternatively, video games never dissappoint, especially classics like Pacman. The Pacman Collectorcade is an adorable small gaming console with a few classic fun favourites.
- Lastly, celebrate creativity on World Poetry Day, March 21st. There are many toys mentioned above, like Scrabble and LeapPad Academy that encourage language skill development. However, I believe this day is about more than using language creatively. One prize included in this contest is the Vtec Kidizoom Creator Cam that encourage the whole range of creative skills necessary to make a great video. These include visual creativity, scripting, and presentation skills. You children will have fun while building confidence in skill they’ll use throughout their lives.
You might be wondering why I didn’t call out any of the other big events coming up in March, like spring break or St. Patrick’s day. For some people, those are the most important days in March. If you have a different day than what I mentioned that’s great; you’ll have an opportunity to share that as you enter this contest.
How to enter
Entering this contest is easy and you can enter in three different ways.
- In a comment below, tell us which day in March, either one of those mentioned above or one that’s important to you for other reasons, is a great day to give a child a new toy. Also, please explain what kind of toy should you give on that day and why.
- Visit the Education and Learning toys page at Best Buy, to find one toy that you like and think is very interesting. In an email to email@example.com with the subject line “March toy contest” tell us what the name and model number of that toy is and why you liked it.
- For a bonus entry, and in keeping with my favourite day above, March 21st, compose a poem of at least two lines (though it can be as long as you want!), that extolls the virtues of toys for young and old. Please enter that poem in a comment below.
What you can win
At the end of this contest, we will randomly draw five winners to win one of these five amazing prize packages:
This contest runs from March 3rd until April 3rd.
Remember, you can enter in three different ways as mentioned above. Do you think your friends and family are aware of why March is such an important month for toys? If not, tell them about this contest and ask them which day they think is the most important in March.
Win a Toy Prize package for March Rules and Regulations
Unplugging day is a great day to celebrate! I would definitely do board games since theyre big hits in our house. Our favourite is UNO
Toys are useful for learning and fun!
Toys are great for old and young!
International Women’s Day is a great day to give a child a non-traditional toy to show that we are not tied to certain types of toys due to gender. Give a little girl a train, a set of tools or a hockey stick. Give a little boy a doll, a cooking playset or a pair of figure skates.
During March break is a good time to give a new toy because home from school sometimes needs a new distraction.
In my days of young, all I could imagine is having fun.
Much time has elapsed that can not be undone.
Now that I am no longer young, I wonder if I am too old to have fun.
March 20 International Day of Happiness – a toy or game that is appropriate to age and abilities at the time.
Kids like robots and they love new stuff so March would be a good time to get them a robot to build to help around with the spring cleaning.
A toy a day keeps the kids away! and thats a wrap!
National Day of Unplugging for sure- gets the kids away from screens for a while! Great time to play Scrabble 🙂
March 11 as it is our granddaughters birthday and I would give any and all toys that allow for creativity. She also loves all kinds of crafts and lego lego lego.
A new game a day for my child to play
Would be just perfect, I must say.
If there wasnt a new one today,
I’m sure there still something a child could play.
Definitely the first Friday of March is important because we have to show our kids that they really can function without electronics.A board game that a child has to think and socialize a the same time would be great.
It’s fun to play
for both young and old
it brings us laughter
that’s good I’m told.
game night is for family fun
Grandmas, grandkids and our son!
I am going to say Saturdays in March as that is our family game night where we get together with our family, 3 generations, to play games. a board game would be very appropriate as a surprise gift on any of these Saturdays….we are always looking for new, fun, educational games. the game SKULL looks interesting…
Roses are red
Violets are blue
When you get a new toy
I want one too
March 3 is my anniversary ❤️ but March 10 is also important as it is my daughter’s birthday. We have a bunch of family birthdays in March so it is a special month.
International Women’s Day, March 8th, celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women.
Something for the grandchildren to play with when they come to visit.
March 20 International Day of Happiness. Perfect to share time with The Family & Grand Daughters. Great to play & learn With a Few Games.
March 21st is World Poetry Day! It would be meaningful to give a child a toy on this day because you can introduce them to poetry for the first time! A book with rhymes, riddles, and symbolism is considered a toy to children! Their brains love the thinking, relating, then understanding of a sentence!
A good period in March to provide kids, with a new toy would be during their spring break “March13 – March17”, since they get a good and a new toy to explore and to play with it during their holidays. I would recommend STEM related educational toys that are fun to play with and also adheres to their curriculum.
“No matter how old you are
Be it one or Be it hundred,
Toys are always fun and a good friend in need”
Having a pre teen and a teen in my home, toy giving has become a bit more challenging but still something I like to give, and they like to receive. The International Day of Happiness, given teen’s evolving emotions, is a particularly good reason to do so. I think I’d give something like a family board game that we could play together, ideally laugh and get off of screens.
A toy brings us joy
we can learn and play
it is important to take part in
most every day
March 20th is the International Day of Happiness. It is important for a child’s self esteem to be happy. I would give them a toy that allows them to play with others to share joy such as board games or the Pacman Collectorcade
From young ones to old,
Toys are always fun I am told.
Imaginative play, day after day,
All kinds of toys are here to stay.
March 7th is real special as its son’s birthday….Happy Birthday KIDDO!
International Women’s Day would be a great day to give a gift to my daughter! It would have to be a STEM toy because for too long STEM has been seen as a male area…something like the Tribo 3-in-1 Keypad Coding Robot would be cool!
March 25th my miracle sons birthday thank you for the opportunity!
Playing should be fun,
you could be a hundred,
you could even be one.
No matter what,
take some time,
there are so many toys out there
to play is to bring fun and joy in our lives!
I would give something to my child on the first Friday of March because I think it is important for a family to unplug and get away from devices for a bit. I loved board games as a kid and tried to introduce my son to some while he was young. I think we would play Catan Jr. or Ticket to Ride.
March 20 for Happiness day and I would give a child a squishmallow
my father’s birthday was March 14th Pi Day he would love the Leap Frog Touch and Learn WorldMap since it’s fun and you learn at the same time too without realizing it even
You are never too old to have fun
Toys for old, toys for the young
Playing for as long as you can
Is good for kids, and if you’re a woman or man
Getting creative and enjoying fun
Focus on learning should never be done!
March 17 for St Paddy’s day 🙂 I love dressing up and serving green food
Pi Day is pretty cool, but March 11th is also my kiddos birthday so I’d pretty likely to purchase toys for that day too. For Pi Day I’d go as math/sciency as possible
International woman’s a day! Celebrate future woman with an educational toy like leap frog
I would give my son toys today – his birthday! He would get a kick out of the pacman arcade.
March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day) is a fun day to give a gift to a kid. Items could include a hat, or glasses.
Toys are for everyone
Bringing us Joy and pure fun
March 14th is a perfect day for my granddaughter to get a toy as she loves Math and Science and just handed in a project on those subjects. I know she would love a robot toy or a lego set.
March 14th for PI day!
It would be a great day for some stem toys to keep my kids busy during March break!
Miko 3 AI Robot my son loves robot.
I feel like March 20th, for International Day of Happiness, is a great day to give a gift to a child. I think that it’s important for any child to be happy, especially in this day and age, where mental health has been prevalent in peoples minds. As a child, playing with toys of all kinds is still instilled in my memory where creativity started and playing with friend created joy. As a soon to be parent in May, there are always two things I pray for: that my child is healthy and happy.
I feel all these toys would be incredible, but in my personal opinion, the robot may be the coolest
If there wasnt a new one today,
I’m sure there still something a child could play.