Out of all the fitness trackers I’ve tried, I’ve liked the esthetic of the Misfit Flash the best. I wore it on a chain around my neck and I received a lot of comments from people who were surprised it was a fitness tracker.
Even worn on the wrist, the Misfit Flash is a stylish little accessory, and it measures your daily activity and sleep, monitors your calories burned, steps, and duration of exercise. It’s easy to use because you synch all of your data on your smartphone, and it will even track other sports including cycling, tennis, basketball, and soccer. Plus, there is no extra charging because the battery lasts six months and it’s waterproof up to 30 meters.
Now the Misfit Flash is poised to be even more than your fitness companion – an announcement from Misfit HQ today has taken the Misfit Flash out of the realm of simple and effective fitness tracker and placed it squarely into the category of smarthome accessory, because now you’ll now be able to use the Smart button face on the Misfit Flash to interact with some of your favourite apps and smart hardware.
Take a quick look at the video announcement:
Here are some quick details on what you’ll be able to do with your Misfit Flash:
- If you listen to Spotify for your music playlists, you’ll be able to start and stop your music via your Flash
- There’s a Nest Learning Thermostat integration in the works for March where you can use the Misfit Flash’s sleep tracking to synch your wakeup time with your home’s temperature
- You’ll be able to use your If This Then That (IFTTT) channel and your Misfit Flash to turn your devices off and on, send messages, and keep a backup of your fitness information. It will all happen via the all new Triggers on the Misfit Channel
- In partnership with Logitech’s Harmony API, you’ll be able to use your Misfit Flash to control your smart home devices including your lights, TVs, and music players
- You can text your friends via Yo’s messaging service and your Misfit Flash
- If you have an August Smart Lock, you’ll be able to unlock your doors via your Misfit Flash
I don’t know about you, but having a device where I can tap my way into the locks on my house is definitely something for me, and I love the idea of waking up to the optimal temperature after monitoring your sleep patterns.
There’s a site you can check out to see where they’re going with Misfit Flash and Wearable Control, so take a look at build.misfit.com.
Check out the Misfit Flash right now on Bestbuy.ca, and get ready to send messages, sleep better, and control your home in a whole new way.