Are you excited about your television? I remember when I first got a flat screen TV: I was really excited. But that excitement faded and now that same television is just old tech that does mostly what it should. So, my answer to that questions would have to be NO.
Recently Pat Bugos of Samsung posted an article on Best Buy’s blog about how excited he and his son were with their new SUHD television from Samsung. In that article he pointed out some of the amazing new features found in Samsung’s SUHD televisions. He mentions the huge improvements that have been made in picture quality, due to Samsung’s nano-crystal technology. The SUHD picture delivers more, brighter colours, and deeper blacks than ever before.
He also mentions that beyond bringing to life the incredible 4K content that is available, it will make your old DVDs and Blu-rays look new again due to the SUHDs ability to upscale HD content. I have lots of DVDs and I’d love to see some of those movies get a virtual facelift, simply because I bought the right television.
However, I wouldn’t buy a new TV today unless it delivered more than just television content. Samsung’s SUHD certainly does that! It has the Tizen operating system delivering content options now and long into the future.
I have only touched on some of the new features that Samsung SUHD televisions have to offer. I’m sure there are many people who’d like to learn more, or who have specific questions to ask about these great new TVs.
Samsung will help you to learn more about their SUHD televisions by participating in a Twitter party hosted by Best Buy. Log in to Twitter on July 9th and follow Best Buy Canada’s #SeeMoreFeelMore discussion, and participate. You will be able to ask questions for Samsung to answer. You will also be able to answer some questions posed by Best Buy for a chance to win great prizes.
HOW TO ENTER:
You will need to have a Twitter account and to be logged in to participate in the Twitter party and be eligible for the prizes. Follow Best Buy Canada on Twitter: we will post 10 questions related to the discussion during the Twitter party. Submit an answer for each question, including the hashtag #SeeMoreFeelMore (so we can see your question and register your entry to the contest) for 10 chances to win one of the prizes. You may only enter once per question.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
Two winners will be drawn from all eligible entries to receive a $500 Best Buy gift card.
When: July 9th from 11 am (PDT) until 12 noon (PDT)
Contest Rules for the #SeeMoreFeelMore Twitter Party
July 9th, 2015
How to Enter the Contest:
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries into this Contest may be made on Twitter during the See More, Feel More #SeeMoreFeelMore Twitter Party starting on Thursday July 9th, at 11:00 a.m. PDT and ending on Thursday July 9th at 12:00 p.m. PDT (the “Contest Period”) and must comply with these Contest rules (“Rules”). Over the course of the Contest Period @BestBuyCanada will Tweet 10 questions related to Samsung SUHD & televisions in general. To enter the Contest entrants must Tweet @BestBuyCanada with the hashtag #SeeMoreFeelMore with an answer to one of the 10 questions during the Contest Period.
- 1 entry per question for a total of 10 entries per participant is allowed during the Contest Period. Participants submitting more than one entry per question or more than 10 entries in total during the Contest Period will be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent and entrants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of these Rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. (“Samsung”), and their parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- PRIZE: There are two (2) prizes (individually a “Prize”, collectively, the “Prizes”) available to be won. Each Prize consists of one (1) $500 Best Buy Canada gift card. Entrants are eligible to win only one Prize regardless of the number of entries made.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible into cash. Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the Prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event the Prizes are not reasonably available at their discretion.
- Prizes to be administered by Best Buy. All of the above Prize details are subject to change without notice at Best Buy’s sole discretion.
- All other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Prize winners.
- One (1) entrant will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries at approximately 1 p.m. (PDT) on July 9th, 2015, at Best Buy’s head office, 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC for the first Prize. All eligible entries who have not won a Prize will automatically be transferred and carried over to the second draw for a chance to win the second Prize. A second entrant will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries at approximately 1:05 p.m. (PDT) on July 9th, 2015, at Best Buy’s head office, 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
- Best Buy and Samsung may Tweet on Twitter or Share on Facebook various entries at any time without awarding prizes to those entrants.
- Best Buy and Samsung reserve the right to cancel the Contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the Contest judges’ discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the Prize winners will be contacted on Twitter within twenty-four (24) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a Prize, the Prize winners must:
- respond to the Prize notification tweet within one (1) day of the announcement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact information;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest Rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy, Samsung and their parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents; and
- consents to the announcement of the prize winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy and Samsung of the prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the prize winner.
- Should a Prize winner fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 14 within 24 hours of receiving the declaration, his/her Prize will be automatically forfeited and the Contest officials will select another entrant. Delivery of the Prize ($500 gift card) will be done electronically to the winner’s email address.
- The chances of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s and Samsung’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy and Samsung may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy, Samsung and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (together, the “Released Parties”) will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by the Released Parties, or anyone for whom the Released Parties are responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy and Samsung may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, THE CONTEST ENTRANT HEREBY INDEMNIFIES, RELEASES AND HOLDS HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIM OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND) ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITIES, OR ANY USE, COLLECTION, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR, IF DECLARED A WINNER, ANY PRIZES (INCLUDING ANY USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AND ANY TRAVEL RELATED THERETO).
THE CONTEST ENTRANT WILL HOLD ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS IN THE EVENT IT IS DISCOVERED THAT THE CONTEST ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE CONTEST RULES.
THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE CONTEST AND/OR THE AWARDING OF THE PRIZE.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any damage to or loss of the Prize that may occur as a result of or in the course of delivery of the Prize, (ii) delivery of the Prize within a reasonable or specified time, or (iii) any costs associated with the installation or assembly of the Prize, if applicable. If you are a selected contestant, you are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes related to the receipt of the Prize.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest Rules.
- Best Buy and Samsung reserve the right, at their option, to publish the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy and Samsung may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement
I have accepted the rules and regulations to todays twitter party
I hope you enjoy the twitter party and learn a lot about the Samsung SUHD televisions. Remember when you tweet to include the hashtag #seemorefeelmore to qualify for the prizes.
Comments are closed.