If you work in an office then you spend a LOT of your day staring at your computer screen. It’s like a love affair where you just can’t take your eyes away (okay maybe not!). I find all that staring makes my eyes tired and strained by the end of the day. The solution? You could stop working! That might solve this one issue but for most of us, that’s not going to happen. A better solution has been created by Samsung Canada. They took their awesome LED curved technology from their televisions and created similarly amazing computer monitors that you will want to stare at all day long.
Best Buy is going to give one lucky person the chance to experience one of these amazing monitors for themselves. They will find out just how great working on a computer can be. Samsung’s new line of curved LED monitors work with the natural curvature of your eye to make the viewing experience easier and create less strain on your eyes and neck. With Flicker Free technology and Eye Saver Mode (which limits the amount of blue light wavelengths), these monitors seriously help reduce eye fatigue and make your work day much more comfortable.
The monitors’ unique design gives an ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio allowing you to have tons of windows open at once which makes multi-tasking a breeze. With the picture-in-picture feature, you can stream your favourite movie or TV show on the same monitor as you work! So when the next sporting event falls in the middle of the day you don’t have to book an extra long lunch—you can just watch it at your desk AND get your work done.
Combine all of that with a 3440 x 1400 resolution which makes the images on your screen some of the crispest you’ve ever seen. So when you take that quick mid-day gaming break eliminating alien invaders or battling the evil Empire, you will literally feel like you’re inside the game (I’m not the only one who does this am I? Let’s hope my boss does not see this article). It’s like having a mini theatre screen at your desk!
Enter this contest and you may win a Samsung 34 inch widescreen curved LED monitor. After you win, the next thing you’ll need at your desk is a snuggy and a fridge and you’re pretty much set.
How to Enter:
First, make sure you follow @BestBuyCanada on Twitter. Then on December 4th, Best Buy Canada will Tweet 4 questions related to the Samsung 34″ Widescreen WQHD Curved LED Monitor with a video embedded within the Tweet. Watch the video and tweet your answer to the questions to @BestBuyCanada including the hashtag #SeetheDifference. You can answer each question once for a max number of 4 entries into the contest!
What you can Win:
One correct twitter response will be randomly chosen from all eligible entries. That winner will receive a Samsung 34″ Widescreen WQHD Curved LED Monitor valued at $1,299.99.
The contest runs from December 4th until December 7th.
Remember that comments here on the blog are always welcome, but to qualify for the contest you must submit answers on twitter.
Contest Rules for the Best Buy Canada #SeetheDifference
Twitter contest (the “Contest”)
December 4th – 7th, 2015
How to Enter the Contest:
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries into this Contest may be made on Twitter using the hashtag #SeetheDifference starting on Friday December 4, 2015, at 8:00 a.m. PST and ending on Monday December 7, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”) and must comply with these Contest rules (“Rules”).
- Best Buy Canada will Tweet four (4) questions about the Samsung LED curved monitor. To enter the Contest entrants must follow and Tweet @BestBuyCanada with the hashtag #SeetheDifference and include an answer to one of the four (4) questions asked by @BestBuyCanada on Twitter.
- One (1) entry per person, per question for a maximum of four (4) entries per person will be accepted for the contest. All other entries will be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent and entrants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Rules”).
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. (“Samsung”) and their parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- PRIZE: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of one (1) Samsung 34″ Widescreen WQHD Curved LED Monitor valued at $1,299.99.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible into cash.
- One (1) entrant will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries at approximately 1 p.m (PST) on December 8th, 2015, at Best Buy’s head office, 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC. Prize.
- Best Buy may Tweet on Twitter or Share on Facebook or Instagram various entries at any time without awarding prizes to those entrants.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the Contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the Contest judges’ discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the Prize winner will be contacted directly on Twitter within twenty-four (24) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a Prize, thePrize winner must:
- respond to the prize notification within one (1) day of the announcement by emailing email@example.com with their contact information;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest Rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy, Samsung and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents; and
- consents to the announcement of the prize winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the Prize winner.
- Should the Prize winner fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13 within 24 hours of receiving the declaration, his/her Prize will be automatically forfeited and the Contest officials will select another entrant.
- The chances of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, entrants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy, Samsung and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (together, the “Released Parties”) will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by the Released Parties, or anyone for whom the Released Parties are responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy and Samsung may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any damage to or loss of the Prize that may occur as a result of or in the course of delivery of the Prize, (ii) delivery of the Prize within a reasonable or specified time, or (iii) any costs associated with the installation or assembly of a Prize, if applicable. If you are a selected entrant, you are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes related to the receipt of the Prize.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest Rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at its option, to publish the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement
How amazing would it be to win a beautiful monitor like this.
Indeed, I would have participated if I wasn’t working for them hehe. Good luck if you entered @slugbug55!
Comments are closed.