Today, I have some really exciting news to share—check out the below and discover why you need to be in downtown Toronto on Tuesday, September 8th to check out the latest in wearable tech and audio, and you will meet some celebrities while you’re at it!
On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 Best Buy Canada is taking over Yonge-Dundas Square to host the first-ever Life & Tech Wearable Tech Expo and Fashion Shows. The free event will offer Torontonians an interactive look at the latest and greatest wearable technology from nearly 30 exhibitors showcasing everything from the latest in health and fitness, life-logging cameras, smartwatches, wearable audio, gaming, virtual reality, gesture control, and even baby and pet tech. Throughout the day, guests can enjoy two Wearable Tech fashion shows, star-studded appearances, panel discussions with industry experts, exclusive product launches, interactive demos, and more.
Where: Yonge-Dundas Square, 1 Dundas St. E, Toronto, ON, M5B 2R8
Event hashtag: #LifeandTech
What: Best Buy Canada’s Life & Tech Wearable Technology Expo and Fashion Shows
Sunny Fong, Best Buy designer, Creative Director, VAWK
Ky-Mani Marley, House of Marley musician, reggae and hip-hop artist, son of Bob Marley
Patrick Patterson, House of Marley athlete, NBA forward for Toronto’s basketball team
Rohan Marley, director of House of Marley, former CFL player and son of Bob Marley
Elvis Stojko, Muse champion, former figure skater and Olympic champion
Jason Helman, ZEPP athlete, Canadian PGA golf pro
Celebrated Canadian design talent: Sunny Fong of VAWK, winner of Project Runway Canada Season 2 has been commissioned by Best Buy Canada to create an exclusive capsule collection to showcase the latest in wearable tech.
Champion: Olympic figure skating champ Elvis Stojko joins the Best Buy Life & Tech event on September 8th to share how the Muse headband makes his life better.
YouTube and Minecraft sensations: Come meet gaming superstars and Gameband ambassadors MrWoofless (in blue) and PrestonPlayz (orange) at Best Buy’s Life & Tech event.
Phoebe Dykstra, Bellabeat super fan, social influencer and former veejay host
Tom Emrich, wearable tech expert and founder, We Are Wearables
Zayn, Jaffer, director of emerging business, Best Buy Canada
Elliott Chun, communications manager, Best Buy Canada
Nearly 30 Life & Tech Expo exhibitors and panelists
Come see for yourself what the virtual reality hype is about: The HTC Vive headset makes its Canadian debut at Best Buy’s Life & Tech Wearable Tech event at Yonge-Dundas Square on September 8th.
Sample Photo/Interview Opportunities:
- High-tech meets high-fashion with two fashion shows, showcasing the trendiest wearable technology alongside exclusive capsule collection designed by Canadian designer VAWK by Sunny Fong, winner of Project Runway Canada Season 2.
- Get up close and personal with the latest wearable tech products in compelling, real-life scenario formats
- Witness with your own eyes HTC’s Vive virtual reality headset through the Vive truck which makes its Canadian debut at the event
- Experience the exclusive wearable audio display occupied by House of Marley, where Marley descendants Rohan and Ky-Mani can showcase the brand’s fashion and style, while explaining the importance of building their products with sustainable materials. Also, Patrick Patterson, professional basketball forward for Toronto’s home team, can speak to how House of Marley fits his lifestyle, on and off the court
- The House of Marley’s highly entertaining live performance by celebrated Jamaican reggae and hip-hop artist, Ky-Mani Marley
- Improve the golf game inside Zepp’s golf swinging area with a Canadian PGA pro
- Learn about how tech is changing our lives in a series of exclusive panel discussions
- Interview opportunities with event attendees and tech enthusiasts
- Interview opportunities with participating vendors and celebrities (listed below)
Participating exhibitors offering highly interactive demonstrations include:
When: Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015 at 12 noon – 9 p.m. EST
- 12 noon: “What the heck is wearable tech?” panel discussion
- 12:45 p.m.: Life & Tech Wearable Tech Fashion Show
- 2 p.m.: “How wearable tech elevates your health and fitness” panel discussion
- 3 p.m.: “How Virtual Reality and Gesture Control are changing the world” panel discussion
- 4 p.m.: “Wearable tech charges-up sports and entertainment” panel discussion
- 6 p.m.: “What the heck is wearable tech?” panel discussion
- 6:45 p.m.: Life & Tech Wearable Tech Fashion Show
- 8:00 p.m.: House of Marley live performance by celebrated reggae and hip-hop artist, Ky-Mani Marley