There will come a day when all domestic tasks will be discussed alongside statements like “we used to walk 10 kilometers to school in the snow, uphill ….” For example, in the not too distant future you’ll see the old style of vacuum in museums and have to explain to little children what they were used for. Times are changing thanks to the innovative technology produced by iRobot.
iRobot has been making robotic domestic servants for about 25 years now. Their latest wonder, the Roomba 980, is one giant leap toward space age vacuuming efficiency for your home. You don’t “do” vacuuming with the Roomba 980, it does the vacuuming—independently. You tell it to vacuum the floors and it does. You can even tell it to vacuum the floors on Wednesday and Fridays, and it will remember. It remembers a lot of things: the layout of your home, the areas it has already vacuumed and more. It has sophisticated sensors that allow it to map out a floor of your home for incredible vacuuming efficiency.
Here are just a few of its cool features:
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation: while it follows a pattern to clean a whole level of your home, its sensors will enable it to negotiate around objects , stairs and drop-offs; it adapts its pattern to your home
- iRobot HOME app: forgot to vacuum? No problem. While you are still at the office you can use your smartphone to tell the Roomba 980 to start cleaning.
- Aeroforce cleaning system: it will automatically detect when it changes from a floor surface to carpet and boost the suction to provide the cleaner power needed to capture the dirt hidden in carpet fibers
- Recharge and Resume: (this amazes me!) when the Roomba detects that its battery is getting low, it will return to its charging station, and once its battery is charged it will go back to where it left off cleaning and continue.
I can’t wait until iRobot comes out with the laundry robot and the dishes robot. Until then we can enjoy the vacuuming robot. One lucky person may even win one from Best Buy.
How to enter:
This contest is really easy to enter. Simply post a comment below saying which of the features listed above is your favourite and why. You can only do this once, but there is a bonus entry too: leave a comment below and let us know what is your favourite robot from TV or film. That means you can enter a maximum of two times.
What you can win
We will randomly select one entry from all eligible comments entered here on the blog. That person will win a brand new iRobot Roomba 980.
This contest will run from October 23rd until October 25th.
Remember you can enter only twice, once by naming your favourite Roomba 980 feature, and one by naming your favourite robot. You can also share this article with friends and family so that they too have a chance to win this really cool robot. Who knows, if your friend win the contest because you told them to enter, you might get some visitation privileges.
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
iRobot Roomba 980 Contest
October 23 to October 25, 2015
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made between 12:00 noon PST on Friday, October 23 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday October 25 (the “Contest Period”) in the following method:
- Leave a comment here on the iRobot Roomba 980 contest blog announcement telling us which one feature of this vacuum is your favourite:
- Leave a comment here on the iRobot Roomba 980 contest blog announcement telling us about your favourite robot from film or television.
- Only one entry per person per method of entry, for a total of 2 entries per person.. Participants making more entries than these two may be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence before the end of the Contest Period. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is one (1) prize available to be won: iRobot Roomba 980. The total retail value of the prizes is approximately $1099.99.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Prize to be administered by Best Buy. All of the above Prize details are subject to change without notice at the Best Buy’s sole discretion.
- All other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prize are subject to the following restrictions:
- Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash;
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold; and
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prize with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event the prize are not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The contest will take place from October 23 at 12:00 noon PST until October 25 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible comments made here on this blog announcement. Draw will be made on October 26 at 10:00 a.m. PST at Best Buy’s office located at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3.
- Following the draw, the selected entrant will be contacted using the contact information on their blog profile.
- In order to receive a prize, the selected entrants must:
- Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within forty-eight (48) hours of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and its parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents(collectively, the “Released Parties”) and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning room for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
- Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The best TV robot is Data of course. The Next Generation is the greatest generation.
The recharge and resume feature is awesome. I don’t have to worry about checking it’s battery life all the time.
My favourite robot is Marvin from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
I am fascinated by how it can detect the different floor surfaces, thereby altering the suction needed, for optimal cleaning.
I enjoy the fact it sweeps until needs charged returns to charge port then will resume sweeping till finnished
Love that it can navigate around items. That is important…Fav robot is. R2d2
Love the app to control the vaccuuM while at work. Does it sweep under the bed and couch? That would be sooooooo awesome!!!!!!!
Having an app to control my vacuum will be the best thing possible!
I would name mine Wall-E
Comments are closed.