Students, teachers and parents are beginning to prepare for back to school. Do you know what your back to school list will be like this year? Our needs change each year, of course. Some of us will be replacing an older, slower, coffee-dripped-over computer; others will be looking for a new printer for faster, clearer, more professional looking printouts. Or maybe it’s about time you upgrade your home network or your child’s smartphone – these are all things we didn’t have when I was young but are necessities for your child to be set up for success this days.
Me, I’m a parent to two teenagers. I just bought my daughter a Macbook Air, so she’s pretty much set with the latest and best tech for the new school year. My son, on the other hand, just graduated from high school and will be leaving home to live in a dorm at university. He’ll need lots of things!
I work for Best Buy, so of course I’ll be shopping there for almost everything on our back to school list. After all, Best Buy has the technology that children need to be successful when they go back to school. Of course Best Buy carries back to school basics: binders, tape, pens etc. But success in school these days requires a lot more than just basics. Even that old laptop you’ve been saving for them from your university days won’t cut it. Each year the software becomes more demanding, and students are expected to keep up with the latest tech and with their peers. I want to ensure my kids have the tools that will help them to compete and excel in school.
What about you? Have you started to make your list? Perhaps this fast and fun contest will motivate you to get started on that list. Create a Pinterest board of some of the things you think you’ll need this year. That won’t take much time; just pin 5 or more items that you want most from Best Buy. You might win a $1000 e-gift card from Best Buy. They will be giving away one gift card per day of the contest, so there will be 10 prizes in total.
HOW TO ENTER:
You must follow these simple steps that involve both Pinterest and Twitter.
- Follow @BestBuyCanada or @BestBuyQuebec on Twitter and Best Buy Canada on Pinterest.
- Log in to Pinterest and create a new board called #SetMeUpBBY.
- Pin a minimum of 5 back to school items that are available online at Bestbuy.ca. For each item create a caption that states why you want that item and includes the hashtag #SetMeUpBBY
- On your Twitter account, tweet the link to your board to @BestBuyCanada or @BestBuyQuebec
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
Each day during the contest, Best Buy will draw one name from all eligible entries. Each winner will receive a $1000 e-gift card to Best Buy. The contest will run for 10 days so that means that 10 people will win this amazing prize so they can get all the things on their back to school shopping list.
You can leave a comment on this blog if you’d like (we always like to hear from readers) but remember that comments added to this blog post will not qualify as a contest entry. You must follow the directions above and enter via Pinterest and Twitter.
Good luck with the contest and all the best throughout the new school year.
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
#SETMEUPBBY Pinterest contest (the “Contest”)
Aug. 5 –14, 2014
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- How to enter:
- Follow @BestBuyCanada or @BestBuyQuebec and Best Buy Canada on Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/bestbuycanada/). You need a Pinterest account so create one if you don’t already have one (https://www.pinterest.com/join/)
- Log in to Pinterest and create a new board called “#SetMeUpBBY“
- Pin at least 5 Back to School items from Bestbuy.ca. For each item, in the caption, include the hashtag #SetMeUpBBY and a description saying why you want it.
- Tweet your board to @BestBuyCanada or @BestBuyQuebec
- Enter between 10:00am PST on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, August 14 (PST) (the “Contest Period”). It is required that contestants follow @BestBuyCanada or @BestBuyQuebec so we can communicate with them if they are a selected winner.
- Via Regular Mail:
- Tell us in 250 words or more what 5 products you want from BestBuy for back to school and why you want each product.
- Be sure to include your full legal name, city or town of residence, telephone number and email address.
- One Pinterest board or mail in entry per person, participants making multiple Pinterest boards or mailing in multiple entries may be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or legal guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada (“Best Buy Canada”), and its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There are ten (10) $1000 Best Buy e-gift cards available to be won during the Contest Period, one e-gift card per day. The total retail value of all the prizes is $10,000 CAD.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Best Buy Canada reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The Contest will take place between 10:00am PST on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, August 14, 2014. The selected entrant will be randomly drawn from eligible entries each day at approximately 10 a.m. PST starting on Wednesday, Aug. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15, 2014 at the Best Buy Canada’s head office, at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
- Best Buy Canada reserves the right to cancel the contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the judging panel’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the draw, Best Buy Canada will direct message the selected winner on Twitter notifying them to email email@example.com to claim their prize. The selected winner must follow @BestBuyCanada or @BestBuyQuebec in order for us to communicate with them through Direct Message on Twitter.
- In order to receive a prize the selected recipient(s) must:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to accept their prize within 48 hours of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy Canada and their respective parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents(collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy Canada of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning room for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 12, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and the officials will select another winning contestant.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy Canada’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy Canada’s may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy Canada and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy Canada or anyone for whom Best Buy Canada is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy Canada may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy Canada, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy Canada may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND Best Buy Canada RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy Canada reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy Canada is an operating division of Best Buy Canada Ltd. BESTBUY.ca is a web site owned and operated by Best Buy Canada.
- RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Rules and the non-English language Rules, the English Rules shall prevail.