Are you ready for the start of a new school season? Perhaps you don’t even know if you are ready or not. Believe me I have been there. I have one in university now and the other is a senior in high school so I know the challenges of getting the family ready for every level of schooling. And I have also seen the student requirements change a lot over the years. Now kids must have access to a great computer, a multi-purpose printer on top of the regular school supplies.
School will begin really soon, and most parents have begun to assess what their children have that can be reused, and what they are missing that needs to be acquired. This may be fairly simple: if you just bought a new computer for your child you can check that off the list. Other parents may know they need some form of computing device but are unsure how fast it should be, how much memory they should look for or what accessories will help their child to get the most from their technology. I’d often forget stuff in September when it was offered at a great price during the back to school sales that I would have to pick up at the last minute later in the year.
With Back to School just around the corner Microsoft, Intel and Best Buy have come together to create a Twitter party perfect for students! They’ll have great tips for getting prepared for Back to school and being successful when you get there! They’re also giving away an amazing student prize pack including a Surface Pro 3, Office 365, Wireless Display Adaptor, Arc Touch Mouse, and a Monarch Computer Desk.
All you need to do to participate is have a Twitter account, follow @BestBuyCanada and answer one of the ten questions that Best Buy will ask during the contest, including the hashtag #GearUp4School. Each answer will qualify as a contest entry and you are allowed to submit one answer for each of the 10 questions we ask. At the end of the Twitter Party we will draw the contest winner from all eligible entries.
You can win a prize package worth over $1800 that includes the amazing Microsoft Surface Pro 3!
Also, if you have questions about the best computers or tablets, wireless streaming to your printer or anything that will help your family be prepared for the new school season, then ask them on Twitter this Wednesday:
When: August 26th 2015 at 7 PM to 8 PM EDT (that’s 4 to 5 PM Pacific!)
Where: Twitter (this means that everyone can easily participate!) using hashtag #GearUp4School
Hosted by: Microsoft Canada, Intel Canada, Best Buy Canada with special guests joining throughout the party.
There is no need to preregister; you can just show up at the time the party begins and have fun answering and asking questions. If you want, you can let us know in the comments section below some of the things you hope will get discussed during the Twitter party: it may help other parents to not forget some of the essentials they’ll need for their children before school starts.
Contest Rules for the Best Buy Canada #GearUp4School Twitter party
August 26th, 2015
How to Enter the Contest:
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries into this Contest may be made on Twitter during the #GearUp4School Twitter Party starting on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015, at 7:00 p.m. EDT and ending on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. EDT (the “Contest Period”) and must comply with these Contest rules (“Rules”). Over the course of the Contest Period, @BestBuyCanada will Tweet 10 questions. To enter the Contest entrants must Tweet @BestBuyCanada with the hashtag #GearUp4School and an answer to one of the 10 questions.
- 1 entry per question for a total of 10 entries per participant are allowed during the Contest Period. Entries that are fraudulent and entrants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Rules”).
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, its advertising and promotion agencies, or its other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- PRIZE: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of one (1) Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet $1199.99, one (1) Office 365 software $69, one (1) Wireless Display Adapter $59.95, (1) Sculpt Comfort Mouse $39.95, one (1) Monarch Computer Desk $499.99. Total approximate value of the prize pack is $1,868.88.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible into cash.
- One (1) entrant will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries at approximately 8 p.m. (EDT) on August 26th, 2015, at Best Buy’s head office, 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC. Prize.
- Best Buy may Tweet on Twitter or Share on Facebook various entries at any time without awarding prizes to those entrants.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the Contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the Contest judges’ discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the Prize winners will be contacted directly on Twitter within twenty-four (24) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a Prize, a Prize winner must:
- respond to the prize notification within one (1) day of the announcement by emailing email@example.com with their contact information;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest Rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy , and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents; and
- consents to the announcement of the prize winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the Prize winner.
- Should a Prize winner fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 12 within 24 hours of receiving the declaration, his/her Prize will be automatically forfeited and the Contest officials will select another entrant.
- The chances of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, entrants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (together, the “Released Parties”) will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by the Released Parties, or anyone for whom the Released Parties are responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any damage to or loss of the Prize that may occur as a result of or in the course of delivery of the Prize, (ii) delivery of the Prize within a reasonable or specified time, or (iii) any costs associated with the installation or assembly of a Prize, if applicable. If you are a selected entrant, you are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes related to the receipt of the Prize.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest Rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at its option, to publish the Prize winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement
Can Surface Pro handle graphically demanding programs like photoshop? I look forward to the twitter party!
Be a great prize to win for son who is attending University this year. See ya at the party BestBuy
Comments are closed.