The first router I ever bought was the Linksys WRT54g. It was fast, efficient and everything that I needed in a wireless router. Times have changed and router technology has advance a lot since then but Linksys is still at the leading edge of innovation. They have just release the fastest router available, the WRT1900ac.
You have a chance to find out just how good it is. We are giving one lucky person a chance to win a great connected smart home prize package that includes three great Linksys components, plus an LG big screen smart TV.
What can you win? This is an amazing prize. It begins with the new, super- fast Linksys WRT1900ac smart router. You also get a Linksys 4-port wireless-AC Universal Media Connector and a Linksys Wireless AC USB Adapter. These two devices will help you keep all of your devices connected. You will want to keep one port open and reserved for the final part of this prize pack, an LG 50” LED Smart TV. Like I said, this is an unbelievable prize pack. It is valued at approximately $1550!
How to enter: It is easy to enter: simply reply to the contest post on one of our twitter accounts and include @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec in your reply. That’s all you need to do.
Only one entry is allowed per person so you will probably want to spread the word to your family and friends so they too have a chance to win. Also remember that commenting on this post does not enter you into the contest – you must reply to the contest posting on Twitter.
Winners will be announced on Twitter so to find out if you won you will need to follow @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec.
The contest runs from Monday April 28th to Friday May 2nd. Please read the rules and regulations below for full contest details.
Good luck to everyone!
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
Linksys Twitter Contest
April 28 – May 2, 2014
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made online on Twitter between 9 a.m. on Monday, April 28, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 2, 2014 (PST) (the “Contest Period”) by replying to the contest post and including @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec in their reply. It is required that contestants follow @BBYCanada or @BestBuyQuebec so we can communicate with the selected winner.
- Only one entry per person. Participants making multiple entries will only have their first entry considered. Entries that are fraudulent and contestants entering with multiple accounts are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and their parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is one (1) grand prize available to be won of:
LG 50″ 1080p 120Hz 3D LED Smart TV (50LA6205)
Linksys Smart WiFi Router (WRT1900AC)
Linksys 4-Port Wireless-AC Universal Media Connector (WUMC710N-CA)
Linksys Wireless AC USB Adapter (WUSB6300-CA)
The total retail value of all the prizes is approximately $1,550.00 CAD.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The selected entrant will be randomly drawn from eligible entries approximately 10 a.m. on Monday, May 5, 2014 at the Best Buy’s head office, at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
- The officials may ReTweet various entries at any time without awarding prizes to those contestants.
- Best Buy reserves the right to cancel the contest, disqualify and remove any entry which is, in the judging panel’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, or demeaning.
- Following the selection, the winners will be contacted through their Twitter account within twenty four (24) hours of the winner selection.
- In order to receive a prize, the applicable winners must:
- Respond to the prize notification within two (2) days of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and their respective parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning photo for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winners fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and the officials will select another winning contestant.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuy.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement