I LOVE entertaining and with Thanksgiving approaching I’m already filling my Pinterest boards with party ideas—from rustic feasts to ultra glamourous holiday party ideas. With so much to do (from invites and décor, to cocktail and food menus) I know that before I even get started I need to make sure my kitchen is in tip top shape and ready to handle the influx of activities.
My top rule for entertaining is, “be a host or hostess that expects to have a good time.” This means that you, as a host, need to be stress-free and calm when guests arrive – and for the remainder of the evening. Even the cleaning portion! How can we be stress-free? Well, planning ahead really helps! Plus, having a kitchen space that has all of the essentials will make you feel like you have a team rallying behind you. Some of the top brands that I love to cook with in my kitchen include: Cuisinart, Paderno, Shun, Global Knives, Peugeot, all of which can be found on BestBuy.ca, with select appliances available in store at your local Best Buy. AND, to excite you even more, Best Buy Canada has a Get Cooking Event that is ON NOW until Thursday, Oct. 8, 2015 with thousands of products on SALE! What’s better than this?
To help you get ready for the most wonderful time of the year I have listed my top must-haves for any kitchen space:
- I grew up with a mother that loved to cook and just adored her Corningware. I’m following in her footsteps because now I can appreciate her love for this versatile brand. What I love about Corningware is that you can pull your dish straight from the oven and right to the dinner table (in a very chic, stylish and traditional fashion)! The Corningware French White 8-Piece Round & Oval Set is an 8-piece round and oval cookware set that’s made from durable, chip-resistant, and non-porous stoneware. These dishes are safe for use in the oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer and dishwasher. I mean, what more could you ask for?
- With luxury taking center stage this holiday season my favorite holiday luxe must-have is the Eisch 10 CARAT White Wine Glass. These wine glasses are individually handcrafted and feature dozens of shining crystals encased within the actual glass stem. These glasses are perfect for that special toast or even great as a hostess gift!
- When it comes to food prep, nothing beats the Paderno 3-Blade Spiralizer. I love that you can switch between three stainless steel blades for cutting and slicing a variety of fruits and vegetables. You can make thin or thick slices, or ribbon-like spirals in seconds! The spiralizer even has suction feet on the bottom base, which provides ultimate stability when the product is in use. The spiralizer will save you time, and time is everything during this busy season!
- If you are looking to make baking even more fun and stress-free, I suggest investing in a Cuisinart 12 Speed 800-Watt Stand Mixer. Featuring a 800-watt motor and 5.5-quart stainless steel bowl, plus flat mixing paddle, chef’s whisk, dough hook and splash guard, you will be preparing so many great dishes with perfect restaurant style results. A handy recipe book (included with the mixer) will help you whip up tons of great treats like sweet potato soufflé, three-berry muffins, dried cranberry biscotti, pumpkin oatmeal squares and so much more! All of these treats would be a perfect conclusion to a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving feast.
- Now is a great time to stand back and take a good look at your other kitchen gadgets! After all, you need to make sure they are in tip-top shape before the bustling holidays. The last thing you want is a frying pan or major appliance on the fritz while guests are en route. If you’re looking to invest in a non-stick cookware set—try out the OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro 10-Piece Cookware Set. There’s nothing worse than having your vegetables or meats stick to the pan – and these puppies are guaranteed to help you fry, sauté, simmer, strain and bake your finest culinary creations. Each piece features a 3-layer non-stick coating and contoured handles for comfortable grips. The best part: these are completely dishwasher and oven friendly!
I hope these tips and fabulous products help get you and your kitchen ready for the busy holiday season. I’ll have a few more tips for special occasions coming your way over the next few weeks, so stay tuned and visit www.bestbuy.ca. Feel free to tweet me for any other suggestions or holiday entertaining ideas—I love hearing from you!