Why buy from Best Buy?
- Best Buy carries a massive luggage selection from well-known brands like Swiss Gear, Samsonite, TUMI, Westjet, IT Luggage and more
- Our Free Shipping* and easy in-store returns policy make Best Buy the best online destination for luggage shopping
- Lowest Price Guarantee:If you find a lower price online, in-store, or in print before you buy or within 30 days of your purchase we’ll beat that price by 10% of the difference
What size luggage do I need?
The right luggage can help get you to your destination more easily. To find the perfect luggage for you, consider what kind of traveller you are.
FAMILY TRAVELER: Luggage Set
If you’re traveling with children, you’ll benefit from buying a luggage set. These matching sets not only offer lots of packing room for the entire family but they’ll also be easier to find on the luggage conveyor.
BUSINESS TRAVELER: Backpack or Messenger Bag
INTERNATIONAL JET SETTER: Carry-on Luggage
WEEKEND TRIP: Backpack or Duffle Bag
What can fit into each size of luggage?
20″ – 22″ Carry-On Luggage: Ideal for business travellers or weekend trips
Usually large enough to hold one suit or dress and sufficient space for a few outfits, a couple pairs of shoes, and toiletries.
24″ – 26″ Medium Luggage: Ideal for trips 7 – 10 days or longer, depending on how you pack
With mid-size suitcases you have plenty of room for 2 to 3 outfits, a few pairs of shoes, and a toiletry kit.
27″+ Large Luggage: Ideal for trips up to 14 days or more
Large suitcases have an incredible amount of space for pretty much everything you need, but don’t pack them too full. You don’t want your suitcase to exceed your airline’s weight restrictions.
What’s the difference between soft-side and hard-side luggage?
- Fabric flexibility allows for extra room
- Easily flex and compress to conform to tight spaces
- Multiple compartments and pockets allow for easy access and organization of travel essentials
- Easily stackable and easy to wipe clean
- Water resistant feature protects from the elements
- Rigid frames can withstand shock, scratches, and wear and tear
How does Best Buy measure luggage?
All luggage specs include the wheels and handles for accurate measuring. Because the airport counter is the worst place to find out your bag is too big.
View our “How we measure“ for a visual guide.
What are the carry-on requirements for Canadian airlines?
In general, look for a bag that has maximum dimensions of 21 x 9 x 15 inches and you should be fine for most airlines. However, carry-on luggage needs to meet the airline’s maximum size requirements so it’s really important to check the airline’s website to get the latest details before you purchase. After you’ve finished packing, use a scale to ensure it isn’t heavier than the airline’s rules
What should I look for in quality luggage?
Luggage with 360-degree spinner wheels allow you to push, pull, turn, and scoot your bag in any direction with minimal effort. This makes it super easy to manœuvrer through busy airports, crowded trains, and even over bumpy roads.
Durable & Lightweight
Lightweight luggage is easily portable while retaining the strength and durability of heftier, more sizable luggage pieces. They’re usually made from modern, lightweight materials like fiberglass, aluminum, polycarbonate, or ABS plastic.
Multiple Functional Handles
Opt for a bag that features retractable trolley handles that lock into place when extended so it’s easy and comfortable to manœuvrer. Suitcases with both top and side handles allow for easy pick up when you’re not rolling it through the airport.
Interior Tie Downs and Pockets
Tie downs and pockets help keep everything organized and in place, even when the plane hits a patch of turbulence or your bag is manhandled between destinations.