People say that only 2 things are certain in life, but now we have a 3rd to add to this list: Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be the most popular movie ever released. Everyone knows it is coming. Everyone is aware that it will be a movie event like no other. And even people who have never seen the early movies (yes there are still a few of these people, I’ve met a couple myself!) are feeling the buzz of excitement in the air.
A big part of the Star Wars experience is the enormous selection of products linked to the Star Wars franchise that are available. These range from Star Wars toys (my favourite is the Millennium Falcon Quadcopter) to Star Wars dishes. If you are a regular reader of the blog you will have seen reviews of the toys (with videos too), the HP Star Wars Edition Laptop, and even theDarth Vader toaster!
Best Buy has been carrying a huge selection of these items, and we are going to give one lucky person a chance to experience many of these for themselves. We are calling this contest the “best in the galaxy” because we are confident that you will not find a prize package like this anywhere else. If you collect Star Wars memorabilia, this is the contest for you. If you have kids, this contest is for you. And I think that if there is intelligent life on another planet, they too will want to enter (but alas it is only open to residents of Canada).
This amazing Star Wars prize bundle includes all of these cool products:
This is a prize package valued at more than $3400! More importantly, it is all Star Wars: the HP laptop; the PlayStation with the Battlefront game; all the toys; everything! You’ll have a hard time deciding which one is your favourite.
How to enter
This contest is really easy to enter. Simply post a comment below telling us which Star Wars character is your favourite. You can only do this once. However, there is a bonus entry method too: leave a separate comment below telling us which item that is being given away in this contest is your favourite.
That means you can enter a maximum of two times.
What you can win
This contest will run from December 2nd until December 15th.
We will draw the winner on December 16th and contact that winner via email (if an email address was entered on their blog profile) or by private message on the blog. Be sure to check your email or blog account for our message so you don’t miss out.
Remember you can enter only twice, once by telling us your favourite Star Wars character, and once by telling us your favourite item in the huge Star Wars prize bundle we are giving away in this contest.
Sharing is good! You will also want to share this contest with your family and friends to boost your odds of getting to see all of these items. You never know, if someone you know wins, then they might let you have a turn flying the Millennium Falcon, or playing with BB-8!
Contest Rules for Best Buy’s
“Best Star Wars contest in the galaxy”
December 2 to December 15, 2015
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made between 9:00 am PST on Wednesday, December 2 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday December 15 (the “Contest Period”) in the following method:
- Leave a comment on the Contest blog announcement telling us what is your favourite Star Wars character; or
- Leave a comment on the Contest blog announcement telling us what is your favourite item offered in this Contest’s prize bundle.
- Only one entry per person per method of entry, for a total of 2 entries per person. Participants making more entries than these two may be disqualified. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence before the end of the Contest Period. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”), and its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled.
- There is one prize bundle available to be won (the “Prize”). The total retail value of the Prize is approximately $3406.64. The Prize includes these items:
|One (1) SMS Boba Fett Headphones||One (1) Sphero BB-8 App-enabled Droid|
|Three (3) Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers (Luke, Vader, Yoda)||One (1) Air Hogs X-Wing Fighter Model|
|One (1) Yoda Robotic Toy||One (1) Air Hogs Millennium Falcon Quadcopter|
|Eleven (11) Funko Star Wars: the Force Awakens Bobble Heads||One (1) Air Hogs RC Millennium Falcon|
|Six (6) Star Wars Steelbook Movie Set||One (1) Hasbro Black Series Tie Fighter|
|One (1) Darth Vader Toaster||One (1) PS4 Console Bundle: Battlefront Edition|
|One (1) Kids 3 piece Dinnerware Set||One (1) HP Star Wars Special Edition Laptop|
|Two (2) Speedster Tumblers|
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize may not be sold, transferred and no component thereof is convertible to cash.
- Prize is to be administered by Best Buy. Prize details are subject to change without notice at the Best Buy’s sole discretion.
- All other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prize is subject to the following restrictions:
- Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash;
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold; and
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prize with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event the prize are not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The contest will take place from December 2 at 9:00 a.m. PST until December 15 at 11:59 p.m. PST. One winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible comments made here on this blog announcement. The draw will be made on December 16 at 10:00 a.m. PST at Best Buy’s office located at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3.
- Following the draw, the selected entrant will be contacted using the contact information on their blog profile.
- In order to receive a prize, the selected entrants must:
- Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within forty-eight (48) hours of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy and its parents, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents(collectively, the “Released Parties”) and
- consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning room for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the prize winner fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13, their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
- Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Best Buy and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the caweb site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.